william shaw 1793 Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• william shaw 1793 Scotland

William Shaw 1793 married to mary his son is also william born 1816 can any one help find him they were hawkers
    I think they were in castle dougls scotland as i found who i think is his son there is no birth , death ,or marrige for them except
    Forwilliams wife agnes sloan Help
    Last edited by juaquina24; 12-02-13, 16:31.

jq -
    do you mean that William Shaw Sr married mary in 1793, or that he was born in 1793?

welcome to ftf
    sarah

also - what records do you have for them?
    Last edited by PhotoFamily; 12-02-13, 23:30.

Comment

Im looking for william 1816 he had a wife agnes sloan the son is william i have census records and death anou for agnes but cant find death for william sr they were travellers and his brother john is also in the same area in 1841 with wife susan and son john age 4

Comment

Hi , I've just joined the forum.
        The William Shaw (b. 1816) you refer to was my great great grandfather. My grandfather was John Shaw (b. 1870, Castle Douglas) and his father was John Shaw (b. about 1840) who married Agnes Davidson around 1862. This John Shaw had a brother William (b. about 1841), their parents being William Shaw(b. 1816) and Agnes Sloan (b.1821).
        I have traced the Shaw family tree from my grandfather to the present day but the family rumour is that he ran away from home so details are sketchy. His father died in ~1880 and the family is listed in the 1881 census in Rigg street, Caldewgate, Cumberland. I have the names of all his siblings but have yet to trace them fully. (Work in progress).
        With regard to the earlier generations, I got back to William Shaw( b 1793, d.1857) but hit a block there.
        There are a number of other Shaws listed in Castle Douglas at this time which could be related but so far I have failed to make a connection:They are mentioned on a monument inscription in Buittle Kirkyard.(see below) The detail for the William Shaw who died in 1857 does not tie in with a 1793 date of birth

In memory of Samuel Shaw, who died in Caigton, December 1787, aged 39 years. Also of Elizabeth McRobert, his wife who died on the 3rd July 1836, aged 84 years. Also William Shaw, their son who died at Castle Douglas, on the 22nd May 1857, aged 75 years. Also Elizabeth, daughter of the said Wm. Shaw, who died at Castle Douglas, 18th Feb. 1801, aged 43 years. Also John, son of the above Wm. Shaw, who died at Castle Douglas, on the 9th of March 1870, aged 46 years. Mrs. Margaret Shaw, died 3rd February 1881, aged 98 years.

Comment

Welcome to Family Tree Forum pooly, You can send a personal message to this poster by clicking on the user name in the thread and this will give you the option to send a private message and the poster will get a notification of the message on here.........Edna

Comment

Working...
          X