Handwriting help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handwriting help please

Can some one please look at this line of text please im 99% sure iv got it right but wanted to check

Thanks

Here is the second page:

Comment

Hi Rainy,
      First page - ALEXANDER FLEMING AB 28 (AB able seaman)

Second page - Looks like A miss writing of Alexander then, Alexander Fleming --The rest I can't read except for the word Melbourne.
      Whoever said Seek and Ye shall find was not a genealogist.

David

Comment

Thank you Grumpy What do you think of Coloum 4 'of what nation' on page one?

Comment

Of what nation

they'd used the "ditto" to indicate same nationality as the last written word above ..............

I can't enlarge it ...... does that word say Scottish????
          My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Rainy,
            sorry about that - British. Assessment made on the fact that there are two dotted I's on the word, and it looks similar to the other British annotations.

Incidentally I normally use Chrome which doesn't seem to have an enlargement tool, but reverted back to Int explorer which does.
            Last edited by grumpy; 12-02-13, 04:26.

David

Comment

David

I agree ......... British

I'm using Firefox, which does have an enlargement tool ............... work wonderfully on the text in a post but NOT on an image!
              My grandmother, on the beach, South Bay, Scarborough, undated photo (poss. 1929 or 1930)

Researching Cadd, Schofield, Cottrell in Lancashire, Buckinghamshire; Taylor, Park in Westmorland; Hayhurst in Yorkshire, Westmorland, Lancashire; Hughes, Roberts in Wales.

Comment

Sylvia,
                Agreed. Once you get past 250 percent enlargement the image starts compressing and is unreadable. :(

David

Comment

it enlarges once for me ............... very minimally

trying again makes the image go back to the existing size

continuing to try just switches the size from one to the other, and from one side of the screen back to the centre!

so it doesn't even get to any better readability!

Comment

Hi guys thanks heaps for your thoughts, both of the pics have lost alot of quality uploading. If you would like to look at the originals im happy to email them to you.

Comment

Originally posted by grumpy View Post
                      Hi Rainy,

Second page - Looks like A miss writing of Alexander then, Alexander Fleming --The rest I can't read except for the word Melbourne.
                      Agree wth this. Tp me it looks like recent did join Melbourne Au Revoir.

By the way, I use Chrome and enlarged by clicking Ctrl and +
                      Last edited by JudithM; 12-02-13, 08:52.
                      Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Thanks for all your input looks like this is not my man after all :(

Comment

Thanks Judith one learns something new every day.:D

David

Comment

Ok so i officialy suck at reading old records :Wink:

Could some one please trascribe the second line ( Alexander Fleming ) of this Coroners' Inquests please.

Comment

Coroner - Pat(ric)k Brougham
                              Place - Court House , Boggabri
                              Date - 12th Oct
                              Alexander Fleming, 22, born Moss Vale, NS Wales.
                              Locality of Death - Police Barracks, Boggabri
                              Verdict - Peritonitis the result of injuries inflic(t)ed by a horse pawing him on the stomach.
                              Cash/Property - ? Savings Bank £207 10/-, Life Policy £200, property £40
                              Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
                              Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Thanks so much !!!
                                I really apreciate it.

Comment

Hi guys, could some one confirm place of birth for me please?

I read " Third August 1878, Park ........ , ........ Road, Chipping........."

Thanks in advance.

Comment

3 aug 1878, park villas talwer? road, chipping barnet.

Comment

Thank you !!!!

Comment

03 Aug 1878, Park Villas, Station Road, Chipping Barnet.
                                        Julie
                                        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
                                        X