Looking for John Fowler, b Seaton Ross Yorkshire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for John Fowler, b Seaton Ross Yorkshire

Where can i search for john fowler born york in the 1851 census but in the 1861 census he was born in seaton ross yorkshire
    He was born in 1806 hes married to emma barnes i think i got that info from some one else on ancestry
    Have you any sugestions?
    Irene

There is an 1841 census of a John Fowler with Emma - both born c1806, living in Seaton Ross.
    They have 4 children living with them, Ann (12), Eliza (8), Mary (6) and Charles (3).
    HO107; Piece: 1220; Book: 5; Civil Parish: Seaton Ross; County: Yorkshire; Enumeration District: 5; Folio: 12; Page: 20; Line: 15; GSU roll: 464220.
    http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...try&h=14760661

There is a family in the 1851 census with has a John Fowler with wife Emma, and children Mary and Charles - all born Yorkshire
    Household:
    John Fowler 35
    Emma Fowler 50
    Mary Fowler 15
    Charles Fowler 12
    HO107; Piece: 2355; Folio: 49; Page: 36
    http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...try&h=10907701

I wonder if this is the same family, with an incorrect age given for John.
    Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by juaquina24 View Post
      Where can i search for john fowler born york in the 1851 census but in the 1861 census he was born in seaton ross yorkshire
      I cannot see a John Fowler in the 1861 census who gives his place of birth as Seaton Ross.

The John Fowler that I can see with wife Emma gives his birth place as Goodmanham which is about 10 miles east of Seaton Ross.
      Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

RG 9; Piece: 3544; Folio: 80; Page: 17;

Is this the right family?
      Elaine

Comment

If Emma's maiden name is Barnes (Charles' birth certificates would confirm this) then this could be their marriage:
        Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

This is a possible baptism for John (? illegitimate) if he was born at Woodmanham.
        Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

However, it's only a possibility - you need some other evidence of Ann being his mother!
        Elaine

Comment

Hi elaine yes thats the one how can i see more info on the marrigewould i have to order the certificate
          Irene

Comment

As the marriage is pre 1837 then there is no marriage certificate. The only thing you could see is the entry in the parish registers, but apart from saying whether they were both "of the parish" - or not - then the only other info you are likely to get is the name of the witnesses, which may or may not help. It is very unlikely that you will get any info re their parents.
            Elaine

Comment

I worked my way back from the 1911 census for edward fowler who married rose hannah alderson in june1936 he gives his age at 26 his father i a witness his name is charles william fowler found him he was born in1871 ich his father is charles fowler born 1838? Then back one generation to john fowler if you have access to ancestry you can look at shaw&fowler family tree

Comment

Working...
              X