No announcement yet.

Familysearch Photocopying service (new)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Familysearch Photocopying service (new)

You can send for up to five requests per month if you can not get to the Mormon research centre, it is a free service sent in PDF or j peg copies of microfilm/fiche to your e mail address, that is free but if the information has to be posted from Salt Lake City then there will be a postage charge.
    You need to have all the information of the records and their batch numbers and you need to give all your home details like address and phone number as well as e mail address.

This is a new service and currently taking about 4 weeks for delivery.

I am hopeful of getting more details about my Gt Grandparents deaths in India in 1870s&1880s

Good Luck

Edna

Can a mod include this in the Wikki please.

Oooh, Nice one, Edna. I would like futher details on my family out in India as well!

Thanks for posting this for us ;)
    Jacky

Comment

Your welcome Jackie if you need any help finding the info on FS about your family members just let me know.

The offer is fo all records they hold not just India.

Edna

Comment

Thanks, Edna.

I have emailed them with 4 Indian ones (that was quick..Lol)....one of them is my GGrandfathers Death......this man is a total mystery. He was born in Tipperary, Ireland, I've never found his birth either......another poster reckons he was born "out of town" because his father was a Policeman in the times of trouble.
        Jacky

Comment

Thanks Edna. Looks very interesting. We will get something added into the reference library.

Quick off the mark Jacky! Perhaps you could give some feedback in due course.
          Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
            Thanks Edna. Looks very interesting. We will get something added into the reference library.

Quick off the mark Jacky! Perhaps you could give some feedback in due course.
            Yes, i will share the details i get, Elaine...can't wait !!
            Jacky

Comment

That sounds really useful!

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

All requests MUST include the following information:
                ■Film or Fiche number
                ■Item number
                ■Name of Individual(s) referred to in the record
                ■Title of the record
                ■Name of parents, spouse, grantor, grantee, etc.
                ■Event type (Birth, Death or Marriage)
                ■Complete event date and place
                ■Event place (county, parish, township, etc.)
                ■Volume or page number
                ■Registration or Certificate Number
                ■Any other information that will help us locate your record.

I may be dim but how would I know what to order? A search on familysearch just shows what is on-line. Is there some index of what they have which is not on-line?
                People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
                Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

Comment

Originally posted by webwiz View Post
                  ■Film or Fiche number
                  ■Item number
                  ■Title of the record
                  ■Volume or page number

I may be dim but how would I know what to order? A search on familysearch just shows what is on-line. Is there some index of what they have which is not on-line?
                  I think most (all) of that information is on the familysearch page where you found the record you want?

Comment

Originally posted by webwiz View Post
                    ■Film or Fiche number
                    ■Item number
                    ■Title of the record
                    ■Volume or page number

When you have found the person you have looked for.....click on their name and a box with the info should appear.....hope this helps, Webwiz
                    Jacky

Comment

If anyone needs help with finding a persons record on Familysearch then I can help, send me a PM if you want

Edna

Comment

AIUI LDS have some records which are on-line and some which are not (yet). This new service provides a copy of a record which is not yet on-line. Is that right? I don't need a copy of a record which is on-line as I can see it on-line. I might want to see a record that is not on-line but how would I know that it even exists let alone provide all the information they ask for. Maybe it's for the records which are indexed on-line but which don't have the camera icon next to them?
                        People: Canton, Wiseman, Colthup, Scrace
                        Places: Pembrokeshire, Kent.

Comment

I have Gt Grandparents died in India which I have found on the FS site giving the details of date of death, name, job title of male, and place they died but nothing more and the document is not visible on line but on Microfiche so I have asked for copies of those deaths in the hope that there may be more detail than is listed on the transcript, a longshot but worth a try, in order to get a record it will need a batch number and a name and other details so therefore it must already have been transcribed by LDS.

Edna

Comment

If you go to the link I posted from their blog and scroll down you will see lots of Q&A which is very helpful.

Edna

Comment

This is a reply which may answer your question
                              Edna

Here is the advice we give at our Family History Center: If you find a book in the FHL catalog that has not been microfilmed, and you think there is a chance it has information you need, request a copy of the index page for the surname of the person you are researching. Then you can determine which pages from the book you would like copied. You could actually request any pages with that person’s name in your first request to save time. I don’t know if this is how others use the service, but this is what we do. Of course you will not know for sure that this item will contain the information you seek, but a copy from the index is a good start.

Comment

Webwiz

I understand what you mean, I think. Some years ago, I found transcribed details of a branch of my family on familysearch. Later, I ordered the film from the local centre and found that it contained more information - marginal notes for those transcribed - but for me, far more important, was a whole section of the register which had never been transcribed for some reason, containing not only bmds but other church related matters and comments about local people, and a whole section devoted to Sunday School, confirmations and so on.

So, as you say, unless you know the record exists,(which I didn't), you can't ask for it!

However, this is a very good service as it stands and as usual I am very impressed with the generosity of the LDS church in making all these records available to ALL, regardless of religion. My research wouldn't have got very far without the LDS centres.

OC

Comment

great idea, and might actually it easier to get through some of these brick walls.

Comment

Jacky, any response yet to your application? Just wondering what sort of time one would expect to wait for replies to come through!
                                    Elaine

Comment

No, Elaine...just looked and I emailed them on the 9th of Feb.......fingers crossed. As soon as I hear anything I will share it with you all.....and maybe some questions to follow the findings ;)
                                      Jacky

Comment

Thanks Jacky. Hope you don't have to wait too long!
                                        Elaine

Comment

Working...
                                        X