Isle of Man death

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isle of Man death

According to the Probate records, Francis James Fenton died on 5 Sep 1953 in Clagh Ouyr Hill Maughold, Isle of Man. ( http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...=&pid=14777612 )

Does Isle of Man count as England for death registrations as I have found this one which might match http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...ge:OtherRecord, but the name is spelled Frances, not Francis (Blackpool, Sep 1953,10b 386). Also as he had married in 1939, and his bride was born in 1916, this would have made him 75 to his brides 23.

If that is not him in the death, can anyone find an appropriate birth for him? ( He was married in Chippenham, the bride's hometown.)

Thanks

Linda
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

I've found the Isle of Man BDM site - he was 37 when he died, so born in 1916. Now to track down the birth!
    Linda

Comment

did you find what you were looking for ? I found he married a Pauline Agnes Trotman in 1939 she was born 30 Oct 1915 and died in 2005 in Norwich

Comment

Thanks Val - Pauline Agnes is the one in my tree, how I got on to him in the first place! I have since found an entry in the Newspaper archives about their wedding, saying who his parents were and also more info on her brothers, so very helpful! Sadly he died quite young, he had been a Flight Officer in the war, can't find out more than that. Thanks for having a look.
        Linda

Comment

Have you seen this?

Avro Anson T. Mk.20 VM418 of No.1 ITS, Jurby crashed on Clagh Ouyr near Ramsey on the 6th September 1953   Francis Richard Worthington Group Captain Pilot Killed George Arthur Richmond Group C…
          Jackie

Comment

clever you Jackie thats wonderful,

Comment

what were his parents names ? would help to find his birth

Comment

Ooh thanks Jackie, no I hadn't seen that - how sad! He is stated to be the only son of Mr and Mrs James Fenton of Liverpool. I am not sure if he was born in Liverpool though. He and Pauline were both graduates of Bristol University.

Linda
                Linda

Comment

Working...
                X