Spare FMP credits if a member needs them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spare FMP credits if a member needs them

I have a second 'convenience' FMP account I set up when we had all the free credits over Christmas.
    My main account has a couple of hundred credits left and the second account still has 153 credits in it which would be a waste, as I will not use them.

I would prefer that someone who has not had FMP access previously uses them and not someone who just wants to save any of their existing credits on their own account

Sign in with email of skippy5@supanet.com (It is an anti spam account I use and I have no problem with users knowing it)
    Use the password of skippy
    credits: 153
    credit expire: 16 April 2013

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Just wanted to say what a kind offer Trevor.
    (Don't need it myself as I currently have a sub for FMP)

Jay
    Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

I echo that..very nice to offer that. I too have FMP sub, but someone will be over the moon with this

Linda

Comment

Hi Trevor.

This is extremely kind of you. I have a couple of military records I would dearly love to look at the originals of. Would it be ok for me to use your credits for this??

Thanks in advance

Paul..........

Comment

Originally posted by Cressy View Post
          Hi Trevor.

This is extremely kind of you. I have a couple of military records I would dearly love to look at the originals of. Would it be ok for me to use your credits for this??

Thanks in advance

Paul..........
          Of course Paul
          I hope you find what you need

Trev

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Hi again Trevor,

Once again, many thanks for the use of your 'spare' credits. I used 60 of them to look at two military files I had been wanting to check for some time now.

1: A 15 year old (my 1st cousin 3x removed) who enlisted as a boy soldier into the 5th Dragoons, who was in India before his 16th birthday, spent nearly 4 years there before being posted to South Africa. Was then discharged medically unfit for further service 'blind' in one eye and partially sighted in the other due to glandular conjunctivitus. Who then re-enlisted during WW1 at the age of 36 and died from his wounds in 1918....... !?!?!?

2: My 2nd great grand uncle, who enlisted into the Northumberland Fusilers in Newcastle on Tyne, although coming from Hastings in Sussex !?!?! Was discharged as medically unfit due to recurrent sinovitus of the knee. Who also re-enlisted at a later at a later date and fought with the 1st Field Brigade, Royal Artillery in the 1882 Anglo-Egyptian War.

I never realised my ancestors were so resilient and so intent on 'doing their bit' for 'King and Country'........ They don't make men like that anymore; that often...

These seeming 'double' enlistments had confused me for some time and had me going round in circles looking for 'lost' relatives, especially as my 1st cousin attested as Alec when his true given name was Alexander. I had both of the later military files and now thanks to your very, very kind offer all has now become clear.

I owe you a favour, which you can call in at any time.

Very best regards

Paul.............
            Last edited by Cressy; 07-02-13, 23:40.

Comment

I have just looked at the account and seen that the credits have all been used up.
              I hope they were as useful for the others that used them as they were for Paul, who shared his findings with us

Researching:

Comment

I would have thought they would have at least thanked you Trevor such a kind offer.

Comment

Hi guys,

I'm with you both. I felt it was only polite, in view of Trevor's extremely kind offer, to let him know what I used, what they were used for, the results they gave me and to thank him again (especially as they proved to be so fruitful for me)...

Paul.........

Comment

This forum can be viewed by non members and as the details of the accound were given in this open forum it is quite possible that people who are not members here can have used them, not being in a position to thank Trevor for his kind offer.

Edna

Comment

hadn't thought of that Edna such a shame if thats true as I would have thought Trevor meant for anybody on here.

Comment

Surely a non member who wanted to know if it was ok to use them would have joined?
                        Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

They only had to go to that link and use the password Trevor gave Chrissie, shame he put it on here instead of asking people to contact him as it turned out.
                          Think its very mean if it was non members used them .

Comment

I think the fact that only about 65 members on line and 250+ visitors to the site speaks for its-self, and I think most of the membership here are polite enough to thank people for their kind offers,
                            A future offer should be made with PM for details added to the offer.

Edna

Comment

The offer was open to ALL visitors and I was not complaining

Most of the people who are members do know me and have stated that they have subscriptions to FMP.
                              It would have been nice to have seen the 'visitors' if it were them who used them to have joined the group (and I hope it encouraged them to do so), as all are so very helpful

Trev

Researching:

Comment

I'm sure they got pleasure out of them anyway Trev and as you say, who knows, maybe just seeing things like your kind offer encourages people to join.

Comment

I was wondering how do guests read the posts then without being members? I cannot do that on another site I just tried ?

Comment

You can read posts that aren't on the private sections Val and research isn't private. Before you log in, have a look what you can see. The rest is private.

Comment

aha thanks Chrissie shall have to try that other site .

Comment

If you ever want to post a query that you don't want to be seen by non members Val you can always post it on Sensitive research. That is not picked up by google and cannot be seen by non members.

Comment

Working...
                                        X