Router - speed dsl 2640

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Router - speed dsl 2640

I have just tested my Broadband Speed and the result is Download 15.10Mbps and the Upload 0.75Mbps is this good or bad?

I am with TT and have a D-Link router and to upgrade it the system tells me that it does not reconise it.

The test also mentioned that if I had Fibre Optics the Estimated Download 40Mps. The cable box is about half way down the close (12 houses away).
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

We are on a reasonably SLOW internet as we are on the edge of the distance from the Exchange. Ours speeds are Download 3.42Mbps and the Upload 0.622Mbps, so it looks as if yours is good.

No idea about fibre optics, but I do think you'll get faster speeds using them.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret N View Post
      I have just tested my Broadband Speed and the result is Download 15.10Mbps and the Upload 0.75Mbps is this good or bad?
      Is it good or bad .. really depends on what you are contracted to receive.

Having said that, wish I could get those speeds. Maximum I can get is a 3Mb, which comes in at download 2.65Mbps and upload 0.21Mbps.
      Elaine

Comment

somebody I know took the fibre optic and its slower than it was? how does that work ? I wish we had it here.

Comment

I have just tested mine , 5.68 Mbps Download 0.90 Mbps Upload

So Margaret you are the fastest so far .

Ken

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
            somebody I know took the fibre optic and its slower than it was? how does that work ? I wish we had it here.
            You could use dialup for a really slow connection
            http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....om/~steveabye/

Comment

thanks Old Holborn but I am sticking with this for now

Comment

Just tested on my laptop using wi-fi and fibre-optic (basic level virgin fibre optic) my speeds are 25.13 Mbps download and 1.13 Mbps upload.
                My desktop computers should have a much faster speed as they are hard-wired rather than using a slow wi-fi connection.
                Cheers
                Guy
                Guy passed away October 2022

Comment

Thank you all for your replies. I am happy enough with the speed. I think TT want to sell me a Fibre Optics contract. I don't have any need for it . I have refused a contract of any kind as I do not think people should be locked into this type of thing. In days of old we did not require a contract in fact it was hard for us to get a line at all. Times have changed they call it 'money'.
                  Margaret N
                  DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Working...
                  X