How to print off my full family tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to print off my full family tree

Hi can anyone suggest or let me know of any software or programme that will let me print off my full tree as a good visual reference guide?

I have my tree saved on ancestry as Family Tree Maker 2011 but when I come to try and print off I am having problems. Tried to print off a pedigree chart from ancestry but it only went back 2/3 generations on an A4 sheet. When I try to expand the tree it only lets me do one family branch at a time. The sheet it did print was great but I was hoping I could get the full tree printed and then try and use some cellotape and scissors to join it all together.

I have my note book with all my tree, notes, photos etc but it can sometimes be a little harder for quick reference of that makes sense?

Thanks

Steven

You should be able to print as many generations as you want with Family Tree Maker.
    Start with the home person - ? you - and just select the number of generations you want. Your pedigree tree should include all your branches.

Having said that, printing a whole tree is sometimes difficult, really depending on how many people are in your tree. It is often easier to break a tree down, so for example do one print out with just your father's side, or even grandfather's side - then another separate print out for your mother or grandmother's side.
    It is possible to do what is called an "all in one tree" - known on Family Tree Maker as an "extended family chart". This would include everyone in your tree but because each generation is linked horizontally then the tree becomes very long and thin! Worth trying it to see what it looks like.
    Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by stevie2006 View Post

I have my tree saved on ancestry as Family Tree Maker 2011 ...
      Just re-read your question.
      Where is the tree - is it on your computer within the Family Tree Maker 2011 program - or is it saved on Ancestry? These are two very different things!
      Elaine

Comment

I originally set it all up on Ancestry Elaine and then today joined it with Family Tree Maker to see if I could print it off. Am I best just sticking with Ancestry, will having the 2 cause any problems?

I will have another look Elaine. I am trying to see if I can get a full chart on some paper but looks as though I might need to be creative with some paper and scissors!!!!

Thanks

Steven
        Last edited by stevie2006; 03-02-13, 13:46.

Comment

Hi Steven
          There is a Youtube video that shows all the settings and what they do that may help you

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Hi Elaine managed to select the generations part and looks like printing into a pretty good format - thanks

Trevor thanks I will check that out

Steven

Comment

Working...
            X