A real challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A real challenge

Anybody find the Birth or Baptism of a Grimball ARROWSMITH born abt 1801 in Holborn Middlesex
    no idea who his parents were this is his Marriage in 1822 to a Susannah FIELDING

I have him in 1841 and 1851 in Shoreditch he dies in 1853 in Shoreditch

Sorry Val, I can't find anything.
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

I'm not surprised Chrissie thanks for looking ,I have googled him too it seems Grimball was a fairly common surname at one time.

Comment

Hi Val,

I had a good look, but couldn't find anything either - except the next entry down after his marriage to Susannah Fielding is my 3 x great grandparents marriage - George Blair and Elizabeth Grover !

In the 1851 census it shows Grinball as married to Ann. Do you think this is a new wife, or a shortened version of Susannah ?

If you were to get a birth cert for one of the children, it would show Ann's maiden name. I couldn't find a remarriage for Grinball - but looking for an Arrowsmith and Ann's maiden name might turn up something.

bcbrit
        George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

how fascinating they may have known each other ?? I am in a right muddle with this lot I thought Susannah had died and Ann was another wife? ugh shall have to investigate further thanks

Comment

nothing showing up on findmypast val. do you know of any mistranscriptions for 'grimball'?

Comment

Found this on familysearch

If you go to batch no C040371 there are 2 christenings for 8/8/1847 at St John's the Baptist, Shoreditch.
              One is for Mary Ann Arrowsmith born 20/8/1846 with parents Grimball and Ann Arrowsmith.
              The other is for Henry Arrowsmith born 9/3/1845 mother Susannah

So both children baptised on the same day one with Ann as mother the other with Susannah, so are they the same person??

In the same batch no there is another son John Arrowsmith born 17/11/1850, Baptised 25/8/1848, died 29/5/1851 with parents Grimball and Ann Arrowsmith
              Last edited by Frazzled; 03-02-13, 10:21.

Comment

That's strange just found an earlier baptism for Henry batch no P015591
                Same birth date but baptised 24/3/1845 at Shoreditch Workhouse mother Susannah Arrowsmith. So Henry was baptised again in 1847, maybe Susannah was Grimball's sister or relative

Sorry can't find any baptism for Grimball.
                Last edited by Frazzled; 03-02-13, 10:29.

Comment

In 1841 Grimbald, aged 40 is with Mary aged 25 and Susannah aged 15, so I would guess his wife Susannah had died by then and this one was his daughter, who later had an illegitimate son Henry. As these ages were supposed to be rounded down to nearest multiple of 5 Grimbald could have been up to 44 years old so Mary could also have been his daughter (no relationships given on 1841 census).
                  Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Ah I see by your other post that you have seen the marriage between Susannah Arrowsmith and William Marshall

Comment

Thanks everybody for your help I dont get on with familysearch very well so hadn't found those baptisims on there, Henry born 1845 was Grimball's daughter Susannahs illigitimate son.
                      I have been trying to find his first wife Susannah in 1841 as she isn't with him and the only likely death I could find was for a Susannah Arrowsmith in the Dec quarter of 1841 in Coventry which is where she was born ? But where was she in 1841 ?
                      Kyle he is
                      Grinbald in 1841
                      Grimeball in 1851 lol

Comment

what other post ??? Frazzled ,

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                          what other post ??? Frazzled ,
                          ?? this one
                          Elaine

Comment

ah yes but I wasn't asking for help on that just on Grimball Arrowsmith

Comment

No I meant the thread 'Year Born' where you were checking the age of Susannah Marshall. I found the marriage of Susannah Arrowsmith on my wanderings around familysearch :o

Comment

oh I thought it odd as I did check the old threads first to see if I had asked for help with him before and I hadn't, thanks Frazzle

Comment

Found the death ref on family search, can rule this one out

name: Susannah Arrowsmith
                                  birth date: 1841
                                  burial date: 10 Oct 1841
                                  burial place: St. Michael, Coventry, Warwick, England
                                  indexing project (batch) number: B01651-1
                                  system origin: England-EASy
                                  source film number: 502205
                                  reference number: 1841, p 55, cn 435
                                  Last edited by Elaine; 05-02-13, 21:01.
                                  Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
                                  http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

thanks Elaine not mine though

Comment

Working...
                                    X