albert jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: albert jones

could someone help,i am looking for my husbands grandfather,he died in a car crash along with 4 others,he was coming back from the doncaster races,he came from birmingham,and is buried in witton cemetary birmingham,this happened in 1938,he was 43 named albert jones.i was told there was a court case,and a write up in the papers but i have searched all birmingham papers,and found nothing,thanks

What newspaper access do you have? I've found an article in the Manchester Guardian June 22nd 1938 about an accident on the Great North Road near Doncaster in which 5 men were killed. The only problem is that one of them was named as Percy Jones aged 40. I've a feeling this could be the right one though. If you look on FreeBMD for Albert Jones Doncaster deaths Q/E June 1938 you get Albert W Jones aged 44. Then click on the page number highlighted in blue you get some of the others mentioned in the article. There are similar articles on FMP but you would need credits to see those.

The article was written on the evening of the crash so any information about names and ages might not be accurate
    Jackie

Comment

Working...
    X