Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Tubridy

Can anyone help me please?

I was contacted yesterday by somone claiming to be one of my Nanna's cousins through Genes Reunited. According to him his mother Honoria was Thomas Tubridy's sister, making Honoria Nanna's Aunt. There's just one problem. I don't have this woman in my tree and doing a search brings up Honor's and not Honoria's. Can anyone help me find this woman please so that I can check the claim.

Joseph Tubridy married Mary blank and had the following children that I've found:
    Mary-1899
    Thomas-1901
    Lizzie- 1903
    Margaret- 1904
    Joseph- 1907
    John-1910

I've done the search and I can find nothing of Honoria, I only have Honor born in 1841 and she is Joseph's Mother. All of the above were born in Killard, Ireland.
    Lennon. Phillips. Thomas. Peacock. Tubridy. Burton.

I am the girl from that town & I'm darn proud of it.

have you tried a search using NORA or NORAH

(husband gggran was honor but called her nora)
    Lorraine

Comment

Just for reference, do you know where the Tubridy family were in 1901 and 1911. Can't see them on the census at the moment.
      Elaine

Comment

There's 4 Norah's between 1886-1916 and one Catherine Nora-1909.

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
          Just for reference, do you know where the Tubridy family were in 1901 and 1911. Can't see them on the census at the moment.
          I have Thomas born in 1901 in Killard, County Clare and in the census that I have he's actually the first child at 1 month old so I'm not sure where Mary comes from. http://www.clarelibrary.ie/eolas/coc..._sragh84_1.htm

Comment

Well, the image of the 1911 census shows that Joseph and Mary had 6 children with 5 still living at the time of the census - with 5 shown on the census.

Did your contact give a year of birth for Honoria?
            Elaine

Comment

I've just had another message.

I've started to look through mum's photos. There is one of four young men that might include Thomas. There are several other photos that might interest you. They include: Tom's father Joseph, two uncles of
              Honora (Nora)- John Tubridy and Patrick Hamil, both of whom went to the USA, my Aunt Mary and the grave of Joseph and Mary Tubridy.
              I'm going away for a couple of weeks but on my return I'll try to scan the pics and send them to you. Best, E.O

Comment

There is a family in the 1911 census in Sragh, Drumellily, Clare where the head is Thomas Hamill and his wife is Nora Hamill. With them are Thomas Tubridy 26 step son, John Tubridy 17 step son, Anne Tubridy 28 step daughter and Nora Tubridy 24 step daughter.

Could be a connection as the surname Hamil and Tubridy are mentioned?

Pat Hamill is also there aged 16
                Last edited by Frazzled; 29-01-13, 16:38.

Comment

I've not come accross a connection myself but I assume that there is one, especially with this mysterious cousin mentioning the name.

Comment

I've gone back through the Tubridy's on my tree and I've realized that Joseph's siblings also have the same name as his kids, I have a death for Joseph as 1st Feb 1952 in Killard, County Clare and I also don't have a maiden name for Mary. It was through another relative that I found that information but I realize now that relying on an Aunt for information isn't right. Especially when the Aunt doesn't seem to want to share any information with me.

To me it seems as if the Tubridy family likes to stay in secrecy, every person that I've contacted wishes to hide their tree away from me, could it be the money that the Tubridy's had? Money that rightfully belonged to Nanna's branch of the family? Afterall they did own a large farm that was passed down to each son but then Joseph's eldest Tommy ran over to England and another to America.

According to Nanna's journals two Aunts (the name Honoria is there) came over when her Mum died in order to take them back to Ireland (the kids) but Tommy didn't want that- he sent 2 of them over to Middlesbrough's Nazareth House (proof here) and then he re-married a Jewish woman that also had money. It makes you wonder- what happened to the 2 eldest children?

Comment

The marraige of Nora Tubridy to Edward O'Neill:
                      http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...27neill&rank=0

Comment

Originally posted by lennon2011 View Post
                        I have Thomas born in 1901 in Killard, County Clare and in the census that I have he's actually the first child at 1 month old so I'm not sure where Mary comes from. http://www.clarelibrary.ie/eolas/coc..._sragh84_1.htm
                        if you look 6 families further down the page there is a Thomas HAMILL and wife NORAH with children/step children by the name of TUBRIDY
                        Julie
                        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Yeah but if you think about it Thomas Tubridy is only 1 month old in that 1901 census and Mary the child isn't even there.
                          Tub.jpg

Comment

Yeah but if you think about it Thomas Tubridy is only 1 month old in that 1901 census and Mary the child isn't even there.
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]16648[/ATTACH]
                            I mean here:

Julie

Comment

Yeah I've seen that one aswell and this is what I sent to Elaine last night:
                              http://www.mortonpress.co.uk/www.mor.../info.php?p=23
                              Honora O''Neill nee Honora Tubridy
                              Date of Birth: 20th October 1912
                              Date of Death: 22nd January 2010

Tubz.jpg

The only close Honor/Nora is the Grandmother.

Comment

Unless anyone who has an actual paying account on Genes Reunited wants to search for this mysterious cousin for themselves to see what they have in their tree but I doubt it would work.

Comment

According to him his mother Honoria was Thomas Tubridy's sister, making Honoria Nanna's Aunt.
                                  Sarah, has your contact given you a birth/death date for the Honoria in his tree?
                                  Elaine

Comment

No which is why I wanted to do it myself to ensure he was genuine. He signed his name the same as the marraige line that I found and I did do a general search in Ancestry with his name and the mother as Tubridy and I got it, when I found those details yesterday I redid the search with the name Honora and her details and it came up with the same thing.

Comment

have you tried tracking Nora Tubridy possibly born in Kent around about 1918
                                      Julie

Comment

doing a general search for nora tubridy-kent and 1915+10 years gives me Nanna's birth and her siblings for england:
                                        http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...msbdp=10&cp=11

Comment

Working...
                                        X