William Taylor 1857 Yealmpton,need help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Taylor 1857 Yealmpton,need help please

I have found William Taylor c 1857 born Yealmpton,Devon on the 1881 census with wife Elizabeth born 1858 St AUstell Cornwall, I haven't found a marriage for them, so don't know her maiden name. By the 1891 Elizabeth was a widow with children Mabel 1883,Charles 1881,Harry 1887 and Blanche 1890. On the 1901/1911 she is still a widow. When did William die and where? Can anyone help please? I have sent for Blanche's birth and marriage certs for verification, but am anxious to find William's parents in the meantime.

sunny
    Last edited by Sunny Rosy; 27-01-13, 13:22.

there is a William H Taylor born abt 1857 Yealmpton Devon living with his parents at 1 Yealmpton
    William born abt 1834 brixton ?? Devon a Gardener
    Wife Susan born abt 1835 Cornwood Devon
    Last edited by Guest; 27-01-13, 13:42.

Comment

Thanks Val I hadn't seen that one. Will look into that family further.

sunny x

Comment

there is a marriage for a William Henry Taylor and a Elizabeth Jane Williams in Dec 1880 5B 435 in Plympton Devon same place Blanche's birth is registered in

Comment

William Taylor married Susan Roberts Skelley
          Plympton St Mary Dec Qtr 5b 417
          This district covers Yealmpton
          Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 27-01-13, 13:57.

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Is this the family in 1871? - he's recorded as Henry

Jay
            Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

there is a birth for a Charles Henry Taylor in Plympton in 1881 so looks like they stayed in that area ?

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                there is a marriage for a William Henry Taylor and a Elizabeth Jane Williams in Dec 1880 5B 435 in Plympton Devon same place Blanche's birth is registered in
                Just found that one Val, I'll now look Elizabeth in Cornwall.

sunny

Comment

There is a Birth for an Elizabeth Jane Williams in Jun 1860 5c 136 St Austell Cornwall

Comment

Yealmptom seems to be covered in the Devon parish record collection on Findmypast, so you should be able to find a copy of the marriage certificate of Charles Taylor and Elizabeth Jane Williams, 1880.
                    Elaine

Comment

have pmd you Sunny

Comment

He was baptised as William Henry Taylor on 15th feb 1857
                        As shown in parish records, parents William and Suasan Taylor of Yealmpton

Researching:
                        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

There is a death of a Henry Taylor Jan Qtr 1891 in Plympton reg district
                          This district covers the 1881 address Newton Ferrers
                          Could he have been mis-registered at death?

Extra:
                          1871 census, he is being called HENRY by his parents William and Susan

Local parishes covered by Plympton
                          Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 27-01-13, 14:42.

Researching:

Comment

Thanks Trevor that must be him ,I did find that but wasn't sure about it, but it does look likely, especially as they obviously called him Henry at the one census.

Thanks to you all for your help, it's most appreciated.

sunny x

Comment

could be him Trevor cannot find a Henry Taylor in Newton Ferrers in 1881

Comment

Take care, as some people have been linking a William Henry Taylor on 1911 census in Devonport to this person on Ancestry (obviously not checking first)

Researching:

Comment

You need the cert to doublecheck, as there was a Henry John Taylor born 1858 in Plympton district

Researching:

Comment

Hm I have a William Henry Taylor getting married in Exeter 1906 to a Matilda Jane Williams!! Common name methinks!

Yealmpton is not very far from Newton Ferrers which is twinned with Noss Mayo on the River Yealm.

Janet
                                    Last edited by Janet; 27-01-13, 15:00.

Comment

Trevor I've sent for his daughter's birth and marriage cert, so they should help me if it's the right one. thanks for you help. as we say where I come from "I'll give you a bun at Christmas". LOL

sunny x

Comment

Working...
                                      X