Charting Companian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charting Companian

I wondered if anyone had used Charting Companian. An e-mail shot tells me its compatible with FTM 2010,2011 and 2012. I have 2011 and wondered if its worth the extra money or should I just stick with the chart maker in FTM.

Would welcome your comments please.
    Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

I use it occasionally - never really been over impressed with it.
    I know someone who does use it a lot - will PM her so she can add her comments!
    Elaine

Comment

I like it a lot because it automatically produces a coloured chart of your tree using an FTM file. Using the FTM facility requires a good degree of patience and IT literacy.

If you don't mind having less choices about how the chart looks then CC is a good option - I use it to send charts to new contacts or show a relative their ancestors as it's quick and easy. I also use it to produce charts that I use for working from if I have incomplete data as I can quickly see the missing items. The main advantage is speed but I accept you can produce the same effect by saving proforma charts in FTM having designed them yourself.

If you have some clear and strong ideas of how you want a chart to look - maybe for presentation purposes - you would probably want to use FTM as you have many options to select from and can easily use a background image.

It's all a matter of personal choice, what you want the chart for and how much time and effort you want to spend to design charts of your own.

If you would like to see an example of the chart from CC I can send one if you PM your email address.

Margaret

Comment

Many thanks for responding. I don't use charts that much, so think I shall keep my money in my purse until I do. Will have a deeper look at how to use FTM 2011.

Snow has almost gone from here in Co. Durham. Now don't have an excuse to sit at the computer and do family history research.

Best wishes
        Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

Working...
        X