Arthur Fell c1800, Dublin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arthur Fell c1800, Dublin.

A couple of years ago I posted the same subject trying to find birth and parentage. It's a huge brick wall and a search on both Ancestry & FMP produced 'No' results this morning. How I got to this stage is that an Arthur Fell married (wait for it) ............Ann Jones from Liverpool in a church in Neston Cheshire, June 1828. Census details are no problem, I would just like to jump over this wall if anyone has any suggestions.

To search for a baptism you really need to know the persons exact denomination and ideally the parish they came from. Some Dublin baptism records are on this site, but it does not include all possible records:

This Irish Government supported, official web site, is dedicated to helping you in your search for records of family history for past generations.

You don't say what denomination Arthur was but if he was Church of Ireland then a lot of their early records were destroyed in the 1922 Public Record Office fire in Dublin. If you click on the link that shows you what records the site has, you’ll see that only a handful of COI parishes have records for 1800 and earlier.

So there’s a fair possibility that the records you need no longer exist. There’s no easy way of overcoming that hurdle, I am afraid.
    Elwyn

I am based in Co. Antrim and undertake research in Northern Ireland. Please feel free to contact me for help or advice via PM.

Comment

Thanks Elwyn, it's so difficult on both sides with his wife being a 'Jones'.....................I was hoping that recent records being made available might have helped but it appears not and your suggestion of lost records could be the answer.

Comment

Working...
      X