• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Millions of Irish BMD's added to FMP today

Coverage of the records is as follows:

Births: 1864–1958
    Marriages: 1845–1958
    Deaths: 1864–1958
    Government (civil) registration of marriages began for non-Catholic marriages in 1845, for Catholic marriages in 1864, and for births and deaths in 1864.

From 1864 to 1921, the birth, marriage and death records cover all 32 counties in Ireland. From 1921 to 1958 they cover the Republic of Ireland, excluding Northern Ireland.

Linda

Oh, I hope the recent credits can be used for this!

Comment

It's on the world sub

Linda

Comment

I looked for a Civil Reg death record that is indexed on familysearch (the familysearch index source is the index of the Irish Civil Reg): FMP had the same index of the index, and unfortunately didn't have the actual record. Sigh. Of course, Familysearch's records don't cover as many years.
        Last edited by PhotoFamily; 24-01-13, 04:24.

Comment

I read somewhere last week that there would be another FREE CREDIT offer today (40 or 50 credits) to coincide with the release of these records so keep an eye out
          Elaine

Comment

There is a link here which says that the promotional code will be posted on the US site on Thursday 24th Jan. You may have to wait for America to wake up!
            Elaine

Comment

Promo code is FMPIEBMD

Happy Hunting

Linda

Comment

Thanks
                herky
                Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

already used 20 of my credits thanks

Comment

Out of interest I looked up three of my Franklins I know were born in Ireland, as I already have transcripts
                    None of them appear on the FMP index

Researching:
                    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

I havent found much either Trevor :(

Comment

i need northern ireland after 1921. typical lol.

Comment

I am afraid I haven't found anything noteworthy either. They may have added millions of Irish records to their base - but unfortunately as far as I am concerned they are the wrong ones. :(

Comment

That's good news but not early enough for me I'm afraid.

sunny x

Comment

These records added appear to be just the Vital Records which are very few in number as far as IRISH BMD go, so we will no doubt have to wait a bit longer for the real BMD to arrive on this site! I have found nothing either! The earliest you will find will only be for Protestant Marriages 1845 and not so many of those. Most statutory records will only start from 1864 for BMD, otherwise you are into Parish records.

Janet
                              Last edited by Janet; 28-01-13, 11:49.

Comment

Working...
                              X