PDA

View Full Version : Is this uniform fancy dress?

Yvonne from Oz
19-01-13, 01:00
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m185/wirrawey/UnknownCouple_zps5a9cd3f3.jpg

Just posting this for a friend, Any information gratefully received.

Eden
19-01-13, 01:15
Thank you Vonny for posting this for me (it's terrible to be technically challenged)
This photo was found in a family album and is unlabelled, so I need help with dating and thought the 'medals' might be a clue. We are wondering if it could be just fancy dress. Also the couple is unknown...possibly a Harrison. Any help gratefully appreciated!!
Eden

Yvonne from Oz
19-01-13, 05:23
http://www.acwv.info/1-files-veterans/T/tuttle/tuttle.htm

Don't know if this information would throw any light on the uniform. Maybe Tuttle bought it with him from America?

Janet in Yorkshire
29-01-13, 10:07
The faces look clearer (more in focus?) than the rest of the photo. Also the woman's hair looks unnaturally flat on the top - might it be one of those studio photographic sets where the subjects poke their heads/faces into holes in a painted wooden board?

ETA - have just read the link about the photographer - if he travelled around taking photos, then he could have taken a range of "sets" (painted boards) with him, removing the need for studio sets, props etc.

Jay

Eden
02-02-13, 05:41
Thanks Janet. we think we may have identified the people...just not the date or the costumes, which are very out of character.:)
Eden

margaretmarch
03-02-13, 14:09
Thanks Janet. we think we may have identified the people...just not the date or the costumes, which are very out of character.:)
Eden

Why not try the medals on a Military Forum - someone will know what years they were awarded and for what so that might help.

I don't think people posed in uniforms which they were not entitled to wear and certainly not with medals they had not been given. That would be very poor taste and I think 'bad form'.
Margaret

Christine in Herts
03-02-13, 23:58
Why not try the medals on a Military Forum - someone will know what years they were awarded and for what so that might help.

I don't think people posed in uniforms which they were not entitled to wear and certainly not with medals they had not been given. That would be very poor taste and I think 'bad form'.
Margaret

But there would be no problem in posing in a pretend uniform with pretend medals.

Christine