Help finding the Hales family in 1851 and 1861 census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help finding the Hales family in 1851 and 1861 census

Hi, I am trying to help my friend Pat with her family History. Yesterday we spent a few hours looking at her Hales family. Richard king Hales married Elizabeth Candalin 8 Feb 1842 London. They then went on to have the following children

Richard King born 1843, Isabella Virtue born 1845, Henry King 1847, Rosetta king 1849, Sarah king, Charles Candelin, 1853, Eliza Catherine 1855, Clara king 1857 and Alfred 1859.

The problem is the family is nowhere to be found on the 1851 and 1861 census. If it wasn't for the fact that the children’s births, baptisms, deaths, and marriages are available on ancestry I would think that they had left the country after their marriage and arrived back sometime in the 1860’s (they show on the 1871 census) -
    Source citation: Class: RG10; Piece: 561; Folio: 139; Page: 4; GSU roll: 823314.)

If anyone can find the family in 1851 and 1861 we would be very appreciative. I should add I have tried every trick I know but to no avail. Further, no one on ancestry family trees has been able to find the family for 1851 and 1861

Many thanks,

Sandra

tried all sorts and no luck as yet very odd ? will keep looking though

Comment

Thanks for trying Val.
      Last edited by Sherbertrose; 16-01-13, 15:07.

Comment

isabella in 1861 seems to be living with uncle

Lorraine

Comment

clever Lorraine does like like her

Comment

this might explain 1861..

Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Many thanks to every one who tried to help with this quest. I think Julie might have the answer and the census return do not exist.

Sandra

Comment

I spent ages yesterday looking, but as he dies in 1887? RKH that is, you'd think that they would be somewhere, esp with the children being born near census dates, I suspect that the 'best' you will do Sandra is to purchase the b/certs to give an address at that time {I realise its not your tree, so I suppose it's up to the individual just how far they want to go}
                Last edited by Darksecretz; 17-01-13, 10:50.
                Julie

Comment

I see that Rosetta was born in 1849 and that they lived at 15, Selby Street East, [Beth Green st Bartholomews] Tower Hamlets and that Richards occ was a Clerk.

have you tracked the other children's baptisms to see where/if the family moved about at all?
                  Julie

Comment

Hi Julie,

I haven't but I think eventually Pat will - eventually!

Sandra

Comment

Working...
                    X