No Atwoods on 1871 census but on 1881 can you help find them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Atwoods on 1871 census but on 1881 can you help find them

cant find Atwoods on 1871 cenus for Clerkenwell London anyone any suggest as to what

do you have their first names?
    Last edited by Guest; 15-01-13, 21:57.

Comment

have you tried Attwood with two Ts

Comment

Originally posted by don ogilvie View Post
        cant find Atwoods on 1871 cenus for Clerkenwell London anyone any suggest as to what
        Don,

if you give us some more information perhaps we can look with you.. :smilee:
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

To aid members trying to help in this search.

As these are the only Atwoods' I can find in Clerkenwell in 1881 I'm assuming they are the folks being researched? Thomas ATTWOOD, 54, Sarah 53, James 18. Father and son appear to be in the umbrella making industry. They aren't easy to find in 1871, infact so far I've drawn a blank! From memory Thomas and Sarah are on 1861 both born London (don't necessarily trust my memory)

Last edited by Guest; 17-01-13, 14:25.

Comment

Thnk this is them in 1861, http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...=try&h=5434630

Comment

Ah, wonder if this is Thomas and Sarah's marriage? If so, he's entered as James Thomas Attwood.

Comment

James' baptism..............he's also James Thomas.. http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...rc=&pid=600273

Don, I'm unsure whether you subscribe to Ancestry, infact I'm unsure I'm tracing the right folks though they seem most likely. If these are 'your' folks and you don't have access to Ancestry records please say and the records can be transcribed and posted here for you.

Please come back to us, we can then help you further.

Comment

sorry Susan I didn't manage to get back to this, but I see that Don hasn't been back either! I guess we can't do much more until he comes back and either confirms or denies what you have uncovered.
                  Julie

Comment

Hi Julie, I agree. Don does need to come back here and give more info otherwise we maybe wasting our efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by susan h View Post
                      Hi Julie, I agree. Don does need to come back here and give more info otherwise we maybe wasting our efforts.
                      yep, it's no good finding lots of info if we/you/anyone is chasing the wrong family... Cooeeeeee DON... where are you?? :smilee:
                      Julie

Comment

Hi I think they are I will answer fully with the weather my work has been affected off tomorrow so i will be in touch thanks

Comment

Hi yes I am here I will put more om tomorrow and check what we have fully ok thanks for this

Comment

I am sorry not been back been busy with work weather affected I will post more 2m day off ok thanks for this we do appreciate it
                            Don

Comment

Hi and thanks i will post what i know sorry if you think i have been ignoring you we do appreciate this thanks not used to this yet
                              Don

Comment

Th Attwoods

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                                yep, it's no good finding lots of info if we/you/anyone is chasing the wrong family... Cooeeeeee DON... where are you?? :smilee:
                                Thank you to all for your hard work. Yes this is the correct family I already have a lot of information. There are 3 generations of James T the later 2 are definitely James Thomas. 1) James T born 22 Feb 1786 Aldgate Middlesex, married Elizabeth Harris 1809 at St Leonard's Shoreditch either customs officer or shoe maker can't find after 1861. 2) James Thomas born 12 Nov 1827 norwich Court East Smithfield. baptised St Botolph Aldgate Dec 1827, married Sarah Brook 22 April 1846 St Philips Bethnal Green can only find one sister, Umbrella maker by trade on both 1861,( with one son Thomas born 1850) and 1881 census died 1904 registered at Holborn. 3) James Thomas born 3 July 1862 at 10 Chapel Street City of London, baptised 27 July 1862 at St Giles without Cripplegate, no mention 1871 , 1881 living with parents umrella maker no mention of sibling Thomas b1850. I do have odd bits of further information but would like to confirm that all is correct by 1871 census, if anyone can help. Thanks

Comment

Sorry Don, I've had no luck finding them in 1871, they weren't at 10, Chapel St (1861 address). I've tried searching by forename only, and surname only but they don't show up. Also tried fuzzy searches.........nothing!

Comment

Working...
                                  X