FTM2011 with 6 months premium ancestry sub

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM2011 with 6 months premium ancestry sub

Bargain £21 on amazon - Ive only just put on one program for 6 months premium but it would be worth getting this one for 6 months time.

Just going to have a look now as my ancestry runs out later this month.
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

I have been thinking of buying this for the Ancestry subscription. I have had several versions of FTM over the years but have usually upgraded to a later version. I already have FTM 2012 & am very happy with it. Does anyone know if I buy the 2011 version again do I have to install it on my machine to activate the Ancestry subscription and if so will it overwrite the 2012 version?
      Any advice would be much appreciated.
      Many thanks

Comment

It should be sufficient to cancel your sub, let it expire and then reapply using whichever version of FTM is currently installed.
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

what I did was ring them and they did it for me

Comment

Thank you. My ancestry sub expired a couple of weeks ago so this is definitely worth looking into. I have always subscribed to ancestry via the FTM deals & have never had a problem to date.
            One thing to watch though, they do ask for credit card details & class an FTM subscription as a guest subscription which means you can't cancel your subscription online via your ancestry account, only by phoning ancestry direct (though it is a free phone number). Unlike findmypast, ancestry don't email you to tell you they will be automatically renewing your subscription - at least they didn't notify me this time. I was nearly caught out by this because I left it till the last minute to cancel thinking I could do it online & when I had to phone them realised their offices were closed as it was a Bank Holiday. I though I'd have to bite the bullet as ancestry DID automatically renew my subscription at £107 for 12 months before I could do anything about it, but logging into my account the next day then gave me the option to cancel the renewal online and obtain a full refund! I couldn't justify £107, especially as ancestry were also sending me unrelated emails the same week offering me the opportunity to renew for just £84! If they had automatically renewed my subscription for the lower price I may just have accepted it for the convenience but in the end I just cancelled the renewal & did get a full refund on the same day. I do wonder how many people are caught out by ancestry's automatic renewal policy without realising they can cancel even after the renewal has been applied and look for a better deal? I would much prefer if ancestry applied a loyalty discount to customers renewing their subscriptions and sent a clear email detailing the date renewal is due and how much it will cost - their current policy seems confusing and almost underhand to me.

Comment

I think you have been unlucky. I had a free 6 month sub which ran out on 14th January. On 14th December I got an email (as I have done in the past) telling me that it was due to expire and they would automatically renew it. However it also said

Please note that payment will be automatically taken from your selected method of payment on 14 January 2013. If you do not want to continue your membership you will need to cancel your membership BEFORE 14 January 2013. To cancel, log on to Ancestry.co.uk and go to 'My Account' and click on 'Cancel Subscription' and follow the online instructions.
              I had another FTM with 6 months sub so I registered it and last week rang them and they put the 6 months on for me. They have always been very helpful. I've also checked their T&Cs and it says:

In the case of yearly and six monthly subscriptions, you will be notified by email at least twenty eight (28) calendar days before your subscription will end, asked to correct any information which has changed and given the opportunity to "opt out" of your renewal.
              Jackie

Comment

ARILLA - I have always cancelled mine on line after getting a reminder from them. I think it must be about the fourth time now.
                Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 15-01-13, 14:30.

Comment

Thanks for that, maybe it's just something with my settings but I'm glad at least to hear others haven't had the same problems. Just checked my emails & the last courtesy renewal notification I received from Ancestry was in 2009, though I have renewed and cancelled via FTM at least 3 times since then! No renewal notice this time though I did receive several "3 months free" offers from ancestry in the month prior to my renewal date.
                  Sorry to hijack this thread anyway, £21 for 6 months is a fab offer - I may even order a couple!

Comment

Having already got 6 months free with Family tree maker can you then get another 6 months to follow on? if so, how does this work because when we installed the disc there did not seem to be any code to enter?

Sandra

Comment

I bought two FTMs and registered one at a time ,they wouldn't let me register both till one had run out

Comment

I've just bought Family Tree Maker 2011 for £19.99 including p+p

Cashback from over 400 brands all on one platform. Shop with Rakuten & stack offers with discounts, voucher codes and cashback for great savings at top brands.

ordered yesterday am, recieved this morning.
                        AUDREY

Comment

dont think you get 6 months free Ancestry with that though Willsmum ?
                          oops correction it does so a good price
                          Last edited by Guest; 17-01-13, 14:17.

Comment

Working...
                          X