A Widow for the second time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Widow for the second time?

In May 1915, Mary Bray a 38 yr old widow marrys Edward Page a 33 yr old Soldier in Liverpool. World War One is in full progress and I wondered if Mary becomes a Widow for the second time. My Ancestry is giving me a hard time so I cant check myself.
    It's not vital that I know but every now and then in transcribing I pause and wonder about 'what happened next'

There is a possible death for her as Mary Page in Liverpool Alan - April-JUne 1942 aged 65 ref Liverpool South 8b 6
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

There are a number of Edward or E Page deaths recorded in WW1 on the commonwealth war graves site with no ages listed so any could be him but this one looks possible http://www.cwgc.org/find-war-dead/ca...4540/PAGE,%20E Does the address ring any bells?
      Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Oh that does look a possibility doesn't it Judith. Was he Catholic Alan?

Comment

Ahh ay, how sad is that Judith? The address is correct. She would not have seen much of her second husband in the four years of marriage..........................a cruel world at times.
          Chrissie found a probable death during the Second World War..............I hope she ended up in a happy hereafter.

Comment

Did she have any children in her first marriage to give her comfort Alan?
            Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 14-01-13, 09:35.

Comment

Hi Alan
              There are 2 records for his burial on Ancestry.
              He was in the Rainhill Asylum annex when he died.
              He was buried with a family member because grave R277 was re-opened prior to his burial.
              Moggie

Comment

I dont know and cant help with the detail on this one. I'm transcribing a Parish Register in Liverpool and it attracted my attention.

Comment

Working...
                X