Dickenson siblings 1851-1858

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dickenson siblings 1851-1858

I am trying to find out what happened to my 2 x Gt Grandfather Joseph Dickensons siblings
    They were all children of Miles Dickenson (Primitive Methodist Minister) & Ann Amelia Harp.
    All the children were born in different places as Miles moved around the church circuit.
    Alexander Harp b.1851 Hyde (believed to have moved to Barrow in Furness) not proved.
    Louise Jane b.Birkenhead 1852 - no idea what happened to her.
    Joseph b.Chorley 1854 died 1879 leaving a wife & 2* children in Liverpool-Railway Clerk/Lay preacher.
    Silas b.Oldham 1856 ( know nothing about him at all)
    Robert Henry b. Northwich 1858( believed to be a shopkeeper in Chester) -not proved

*The children of Joseph Dickenson were separated by the family after Joseph's early death.

Alexander was brought up by Miles & Ann & Margaret Amelia by her mother Mary & her parents.
    Margaret Amelia was my Gt Grandmother.

We never found out the reason for Joseph's death - June qtr 1879 West Derby 8B 368 BMD
    ​Bettyespana

silas dickenson

born 1855 oldham, lancs - died 1937 in south manchester

1894 - marriage to annie bannister- chorlton, lancs

1861 - glossop. derbyshire with parents

1881 - lodger in harpurey, lancs - hosiery salesman
    1891 - boarder - drapers asst - hulme, lancashire
    1901 - with annie and eliza bannister(MIL) in moss side, lancs - ashphalter
    1911 - calls himself stanley, with annie and eliza - dorothy dabbs (niece) and servant companion - cashier ashphalter
    Lorraine

Comment

Originally posted by bettyespana View Post
      I am trying to find out what happened to my 2 x Gt Grandfather Joseph Dickensons siblings
      They were all children of Miles Dickenson (Primitive Methodist Minister) & Ann Amelia Harp.
      All the children were born in different places as Miles moved around the church circuit.
      Alexander Harp b.1851 Hyde (believed to have moved to Barrow in Furness) not proved.
      Louise Jane b.Birkenhead 1852 - no idea what happened to her.
      Joseph b.Chorley 1854 died 1879 leaving a wife & 2* children in Liverpool-Railway Clerk/Lay preacher.
      Silas b.Oldham 1856 ( know nothing about him at all)
      Robert Henry b. Northwich 1858( believed to be a shopkeeper in Chester) -not proved

*The children of Joseph Dickenson were separated by the family after Joseph's early death.

Alexander was brought up by Miles & Ann & Margaret Amelia by her mother Mary & her parents.
      Margaret Amelia was my Gt Grandmother.

We never found out the reason for Joseph's death - June qtr 1879 West Derby 8B 368 BMD
      You can find out the cause of death by buying the death certificate from here https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...ates/Login.asp cost £9.25. The details you have are required for the GRO to find the certificate.

Margaret

Comment

louisa jane

married 1885 ormskirk = WILLIAM FEARNLEY

born 1851 - wirral, lancs
        1861 - glossop, derbyshire with parents
        1871 - mistranscibed on census as OERKINSON in north meols, lancs - with parents
        1881 - servant in windle, lancs
        1891 - with husband william (draper) in skelmersdale
        1901 = JANE L FERNLEY - draper - fazakerley, lancs - with husband william (land agent)
        Last edited by loltel; 13-01-13, 19:29.
        Lorraine

Comment

Originally posted by margaretmarch View Post
          You can find out the cause of death by buying the death certificate from here https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...ates/Login.asp cost £9.25. The details you have are required for the GRO to find the certificate.

Margaret
          Thank you Margaret,will go on this site as advised.
          ​Bettyespana

Comment

Originally posted by loltel View Post
            silas dickenson

born 1855 oldham, lancs - died 1937 in south manchester

1894 - marriage to annie bannister- chorlton, lancs

1861 - glossop. derbyshire with parents

1881 - lodger in harpurey, lancs - hosiery salesman
            1891 - boarder - drapers asst - hulme, lancashire
            1901 - with annie and eliza bannister(MIL) in moss side, lancs - ashphalter
            1911 - calls himself stanley, with annie and eliza - dorothy dabbs (niece) and servant companion - cashier ashphalter
            Thank you so much for all this info.There is lots of info here & I am very grateful.
            ​Bettyespana

Comment

louisa jane

born 1851 - wirral, lancs
              1861 - glossop, derbyshire with parents
              1871 - mistranscibed on census as OERKINSON in north meols, lancs - with parents
              1881 - servant in windle, lancs
              Would it be possible to tell me if the address in Windle was 14 Milk St?
              ​Bettyespana

Comment

Would it be possible to tell me if the address in Windle was 14 Milk St?
                93 Tontine St

She was a servant for Thomas & Harriet Kerr. They had three children ( step to the head) Alice Bate 15 Harriet Bate 13 Joseph Bate
                And 3 small Kerr Children
                Last edited by Jessbowbag; 13-01-13, 19:25.
                Jess

Comment

robert henry - 1858 northwich
                  1886 - married SARAH ANN CHALLINOR - prescott lancs

1861 - glossop,derbyshire - with parents
                  1881 - st oswald cheshire, grocer - living with parents, and niece alexandra
                  1891 - chester - grocer -widower living with daughter marion and in laws samuel and ann chillinor
                  Lorraine

Comment

DICKENSON the reverend MILES of LAUREL GROVE, SOUTHPORT, LANCS clerk, died 19th may 1898
                    PROBATE Liverpool 16th June to WILLIAM FEaRNLEY draper and louisa jane fearnley (wife of the said william fearnley) effects £301 12s 2d

if it helps...

louisa seems to have died 1933 prescott, lancs
                    Last edited by loltel; 13-01-13, 19:41.
                    Lorraine

Comment

in june 1923 louisa and william arrived in liverpool from canada, william is an insurance agent
                      and again in 1931 from quebec to liverpool
                      both journeys the home address is 15 monville road, liverpool

in 1907 w fearnley, mrs fearnley and R H Dickenson left liverpool bound for canada
                      Lorraine

Comment

Originally posted by Jessbowbag View Post
                        93 Tontine St

She was a servant for Thomas & Harriet Kerr. They had three children ( step to the head) Alice Bate 15 Harriet Bate 13 Joseph Bate
                        And 3 small Kerr Children
                        Thank you Jess for this,

Just that when I saw Louise was in Windle it struck a chord.Mary Ann Dickenson(widow of Joseph)re-married in 1888 to a John Broadhurst & in the 1891c they are boarding with a family called Grimes.As the address is different & also 10 yrs between the census there is no connection between them.
                        Your info is appreciated very much.
                        ​Bettyespana

Comment

in june 1923 louisa and william arrived in liverpool from canada, william is an insurance agent
                          and again in 1931 from quebec to liverpool
                          both journeys the home address is 15 monville road, liverpool

in 1907 w fearnley, mrs fearnley and R H Dickenson left liverpool bound for canada
                          Wow,
                          I can't believe all this info you have found for me in less than 24hrs.So it looks as though Louisa & her husband William may have been making trips over to Canada to visit relatives.Then in 1907 Louisa's brother Robert Henry went with them.
                          ​Bettyespana

Comment

Wow,
                            I can't believe all this info you have found for me in less than 24hrs.So it looks as though Louisa & her husband William may have been making trips over to Canada to visit relatives.Then in 1907 Louisa's brother Robert Henry went with them.
                            No,I have just sorted it out (I must have been brain dead) Robert Henry Dickenson appears to have been emigratring in 1907(he was widowed in 1890).Louisa & William went with him & may have stayed for a while or possible came back.Then they visited again in 1923 & 1931.May have been Louisa's last visit as she died in 1933.

Thank you again
                            ​Bettyespana

Comment

Working...
                            X