Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ellen (or Elinor) Wathan nee Owens, South Wales

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone could help on the Welsh side of the family this time. Ellen Owens (b. 1871, cardiganshire) married Frank Wathan in 1904 in Builth. She appears as his wife on the 1911 census in Llangammarch Wells, however, we cannot find any further trace of her after this. Frank Wathan remarried in 1928 to Emily Gladys Morris (b. 1904).
    Is anyone able to shed some light on Emily Wathan/ Owens following 1911 - where did she go and why?
    Many thanks in advance.
    Dale

there is a marriage for a Ellen M Wathan 1914 Crickhowell Breconshire.
    spouse Frederick J Stephens.
    could this be her ??
    Last edited by Janet H.; 12-01-13, 20:36.

Comment

There are 3 children registered in Builth between 1913 and 1921 with surname Wathan and mother's maiden name Owens. I won't put their full names up in case they are alive.
      Last edited by Night Owl; 12-01-13, 20:43.
      Jackie

Comment

There's a death in 1926 of Eleanor Wathan aged 45 Builth - age is a bit out but it the dates would tie in with the children's births and Frank's remarriage
        Jackie

Comment

Can you just confirm her birth year please? If I'm looking at the right 1911 census entry she was 30 (or 32 - the 30 was crossed out) which would make her birth about 1879 - 1881. That isn't far off the death entry above

Last edited by Night Owl; 12-01-13, 21:11.
          Jackie

Comment

Hi,
            The Census record is the correct one. The Birth index has her born early 1881, so the date and age of death would be correct. Looks like a journey to the local records office.
            Many thanks for your help.
            Dale

Comment

Working...
            X