could someone with world wide membership (ancestry) do a look up please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• could someone with world wide membership (ancestry) do a look up please

I'm looking for Hannah Sarah Tilley nee Wyatt.born 1859 Portsea Portsmouth Hants. She was in Malta with her husband George in 1881. I'v found divorce papers for them 1886, still in Malta, he divorced her citing a John Calloway. George came back to England and remarried, but I can't find her any where. There wasn't any info on John Calloway in the paperwork, so don't know anything about him. I'm guessing she may have gone elsewhere abroad either with or without John. could some kind person have a look for me please.

someobdy has her in their tree on Ancestry and say she died between 1881 and 1882 ??? cant be right can it ?

Comment

I'll have a look at that, but she had a dau in Malta 1881 and a son 1883 Malta, and divorce was definatly 1886. thanks for that

Comment

Not finding on ancestry nor familysearch, tho there's a near miss - Galloway v Calloway:
        Discover your family history. Explore the world’s largest collection of free family trees, genealogy records and resources.

Have you tried tracing John? Do you have more info about him?

Comment

havan't got anything else about him apart from the name on the divorce papers, which is a bit of a shame, thought it might have given a bit more.

Comment

dont know whether this may be her ? a Hannah S Dobney born abt 1863 Portsmouth going from Canada to Buffalo in 1914 very bad writing

Comment

It says the nearest relation to that one lived in Clacton on Sea, Essex. Does that ring any bells Jan?
              Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Oh that doesn't look like her - this looks like her in 1919 named Hannah Sopine (Sophia perhaps?) Dobney
                Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

Comment

can't view that val, I've only got premuim, not worldwide. couldn't find Hannah Sarah on that persons tree on Ancestry either,(your previous post,) could you give me a bit more info on that please

Comment

That one is single and was born Hannah Sophia in 1862 Portsea Island

Comment

Chrissie, thanks, I'm not sure that is her, and the family were all from the portsea hants area,

Comment

I've got her birth cert and def 1859,

Comment

Yes Jan, that's what I meant. I think she looks like the same one that Val found in 1914.

Comment

thanks chrisse, but I cant view it as it's telling me I need to upgrade to worldwide

Comment

I found that in the UK version ?

Comment

ooops, sorry, clicked on the link and it came up as upgrade, will have a look lol

Comment

ooh that one is in the salvation army isnt she ? so my link isnt her then

Comment

have you seen this ? keep scrolling down to George Tilley maybe she can help you

Comment

Val, that's her, she was George's second wife, then he remarried after the divorce, trying to find out where she went after, or if she remarried, ooohhh I so hate that woman.lol

Comment

oops really lol not much point asking her then

Comment

Working...
                                        X