Passenger Records 1835 - 1846, Marraige 1835

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger Records 1835 - 1846, Marraige 1835

Hi all im trying to find passanger records from UK to Aust between 1835 and 1846

Also Marraige Records for C of E Liverpool 1835

Iv looked on FMP and ancestry and had no luck google hasnt even given me a clue as to who "owns" these records

Thanks in advance

Hi Rainy. There are some passenger list in that period on Ancestry. If you post who you are looking for, I'll try them for you if you do not have a sub.

Oops...just realised you said you have already tried Ancestry:o Never mind...I'll still look if you give a name and approx d.o.b
    Last edited by Macbev; 12-01-13, 04:30.

Beverley

Comment

If you feel like haveing a look im more then happy, two eye's are better then one

Elizabeth Sefton Born abt 1815 Liverpool England Married Joseph Edwards Born abt 1812 Walton on the hill Lancashire at St Peter's C of E Liverpool UK in 1835 this gives me the last known time they were in england.

There Child Elizabeth Edwards was born 1846 Warterloo NSW australia, this is who i am decended from.

they may have 4 children prior to elizabeth i am yet to 100% confirm
      William 1835
      Jane 1838
      Margaret 1840
      Ann Jane 1843
      Last edited by Rainy; 12-01-13, 04:56.

Comment

Have you searched on NSW State Records website ? They have some incoming passenger lists for pre-1850 and also the TROVE website for the digitised newspapers ? That early, most passengers arriving were reported in the newspapers. I will have a quick look-see but a lot of passengers were just listed as Mr and Mrs with 4 children.

The authorities were not overly concerned with paying passengers arriving and did not keep such good records as those for assisted migrants and convicts - the bureaucracy was most concerned about keeping track of them and their (financial) status.

You should try the Lancashire OPC website for Liverpool Marriages and also freeREG, its not so good for Manchester, but I think lots of Liverpool Records.

Di
        Last edited by dicole; 12-01-13, 05:07. Reason: more
        Diane
        Sydney Australia
        Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Were his parents Cuthbert and Margaret by any chance?

Last edited by Macbev; 12-01-13, 05:03.

Beverley

Comment

and the rest of the family

Beverley

Comment

This is information for a marriage from the website: http://www.lan-opc.org.uk/Search/indexp.html.

Was Joseph a Brickmaker or bricklayer ? There are also baptisms for children to Joseph and Elizabeth, but the fathers are labourers and sawyers.

Marriage: 1 Jun 1835 St Peter, Liverpool, Lancashire, England
              Joseph Edwards - (X), Brick Maker of Walton on the Hill
              Elizabeth Sefton - (X), Spinster of This Parish
              Witness: Thomas Poole, (X); Ann Whale, (X)
              Married by Banns by: J Picton M A Off Minister
              Register: Marriages 1834 - 1836, Page 121, Entry 362
              Source: LDS Film 94018

Di
              Diane
              Sydney Australia

Comment

Originally posted by Macbev View Post
                Were his parents Cuthbert and Margaret by any chance?

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?h...src=&pid=59716
                Im not sure of his parants names iv been linked to a family tree on ancestry and in that tree it is Cuthbert and Margaret however i hve no Proof of this.

Thanks heap's for finding thoes records !!!!!! i looked for week's trying to find them LoL now to prove the are the right ones

Comment

Did you look at the second link I put up, Rainy...I'd say they more than prove it is the correct family...children all check out.

The first link deals with the application for assisted passage and verifies Joseph's aprents.

Beverley

Comment

You must not have Joseph or Elizabeth's death certifcates, or you would know their children, as unless they died before 1856, they are usually listed. I would aim to try and find the death certs, as they will also listed "how long in colony" which is usually pretty accurate, but if the first four supposed children were born in England, its a pretty narrow time frame.

FRom Freebmd indexes-
                    BIRTHS Jun 1842
                    EDWARDS Ann Jane Liverpool 20 511

There's a possible marriage Ann Jane Edwards to Wm Jones 1863 Sydney and a death for Ann J Jones, parents Joseph and Elizabeth 1900 in Waterloo.
                    Diane
                    Sydney Australia

Comment

Sorry Macbev getting distracted with kids by the looks of that second link your right the kids names all match up which is pretty awsome !!!!!

Thanks again dicole that link you posted is not working for me but i figured out the website so ill search that in a moment and see if i can find what you did, The death certs are on my list to purcahse hopefully soon. The Free BDM you found looks great ill keep searching for other births in NSW to the same Parents and see how i go

Comment

Oh, good job Bev.

If you page over on Joseph's link, it gives Elizabeths parents as Edward and Jane Sefton, father alive.

Off to look some more
                        Diane
                        Sydney Australia

Comment

Originally posted by Rainy View Post
                          Sorry Macbev getting distracted with kids by the looks of that second link your right the kids names all match up which is pretty awsome !!!!!

Thanks again dicole that link you posted is not working for me but i figured out the website so ill search that in a moment and see if i can find what you did, The death certs are on my list to purcahse hopefully soon. The Free BDM you found looks great ill keep searching for other births in NSW to the same Parents and see how i go
                          The website should be called Lancashire Online Parish Clerk project. Its a bit tricky to find the search page - you need to click "HERE" to search. in the middle of the text !
                          Diane
                          Sydney Australia

Comment

Originally posted by dicole View Post
                            Oh, good job Bev.

If you page over on Joseph's link, it gives Elizabeths parents as Edward and Jane Sefton, father alive.

Off to look some more
                            Never thought to turn the page, Diane :o
                            Good stuff....wish my family had such an informative passenger list when it emigrated :(
                            Last edited by Macbev; 12-01-13, 06:22.

Beverley

Comment

Hay guys just found this on the lancashire online parish, do you think it could be a possibility for Elizabeths parents?

Marriage: 28 Aug 1809 St Nicholas, Liverpool, Lancashire, England
                              Edward Sephton - Cordwainer of Parish of Liverpool
                              Jane Page - Spinster of Parish of Liverpool
                              Married by Banns
                              Register: Marriages 1809 - 1812 from the Bishop's Transcripts, Page 46, Entry 224
                              Source: LDS Film 1068889

Comment

Originally posted by Macbev View Post
                                Never thought to turn the page, Diane :o
                                Good stuff....wish my family had such an informative passenger list when it emigrated :(
                                I have looked at the immigration records before and knew the wife and children were probably on the next page.

That marriage looks good Rainy !

Di
                                Diane
                                Sydney Australia

Comment

Working...
                                X