Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethel Rosina Livingstone

Please could someone help.

My GGM Lily Emma Dowling gave birth to her first daughter in 1883. I have a copy of her birth certificate. She was born at 66, Prince George's Street Portsea. I have tried looking at this address on FMP but cannot find if Lily and Mr Livingstone were living there in 1881. Ethel died of typhoid at sixteen years of age, by which time she had been registered in my GGFs name.

Many thanks

Di

what is it your after exactly? lily in the 1881 census?

Comment

there is a marriage for a Lilly Emma Dowling in Sep 1897 2B 1054 Portsea Island Hampshire to either a Edward Arthur Hebington or George Levien Thompson could that be Ethels parents ?

Comment

Hoping to find her cohabiting with Mr Livingstone in the 1881 census.

Di

Comment

Lily married my GGF George, but not before she had had Ethel by Mr Livingstone and three others, including my GF, by George.

Di

Comment

what was Livingstones first name or dont you know it ?

Comment

No sorry, she is just registered as a Livingstone on her BC and father's name left blank. Long shot I know, guess this will be one of life's little mysteries.

Di

Comment

was Lily born in portsea???

Comment

No, Alverstoke in 1866.

Di

Comment

so we are looking for Lily E Dowling in the 1881 census? when and where was Lily born please Di..
                    Julie
                    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Lily was born in Alverstoke in 1866.

Di

Comment

1881 there is a Lilly Dowling born abt 1868 Gosport Hampshire living with her mother Rosina and siblings in 12 Bemisters Lane Alverstoke
                        Last edited by Guest; 11-01-13, 13:53.

Comment

yes, sorry Di, I saw the last bit after I had posted...

I have found her in 1891.. but what a title!...
                          Julie

Comment

She was a goer, but when you look at her photo, a real matriarch complete with her fur muff!

Di

Comment

Many thanks, she must have nipped over the water to have the baby like a lot of others before her.

Will never know Ethel's dad!

Di

Comment

Originally posted by DiD View Post
                                No sorry, she is just registered as a Livingstone on her BC and father's name left blank. Long shot I know, guess this will be one of life's little mysteries.

Di
                                long shot I know, but have you looked for a baptism for Ethel? it might give an indication to her father...
                                Julie

Comment

Looking at Lily's age at the date of the 1881 census, she was 15/16 when she had Ethel, so probably nothing so fancy as a baptism!

Di

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                                    there is a marriage for a Lilly Emma Dowling in Sep 1897 2B 1054 Portsea Island Hampshire to either a Edward Arthur Hebington or George Levien Thompson could that be Ethels parents ?
                                    Who is it on here who's been researching "Levien Thompson"? There's a whole lot if info about that name somewhere, I feel sure!

EDIT: Answered my own question... that's you, I think, after using the forum-search!

Christine
                                    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 12-01-13, 17:05.
                                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Yes it's me Christine.

Have a James Pafford 1896 Hampshire in our tree if that is any help.

Di

Comment

Originally posted by DiD View Post
                                        Yes it's me Christine.

Have a James Pafford 1896 Hampshire in our tree if that is any help.

Di
                                        I think that there must be a connection between PAFOOT (& variants) and PAFFORD - but I haven't really managed to pin it down. I'll try to remember that you have one, if ever I make that elusive connection! I was lucky to find that PAFOOT connection: just following a hunch ,and finding some very informative PAFOOT Wills.

Christine
                                        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                                        X