Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

local Disk d full help please ( Happy new year everyone )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• local Disk d full help please ( Happy new year everyone )

I have a Notebook computer when i switch on and my Internet page come up it disappears straight away so went to look at disk C that is OK but local disk D is full am thinking could that be the problem and how do I fix it I havent got a clue please can someone help thank you in advance.

Granabella.

Unless I am reading the google answer I am getting it wrong ,I dont think thats your problem its supposed to be pretty full?? I think.
    This is pretty good

Have you got something like CCleaner installed? maybe you just need to clear out stuff ? or maybe do a virus scan and if its still like it then a system restore .
    Last edited by Guest; 09-01-13, 13:47.

Comment

Thank you so much Val going to look now will let you know how I get on.

Granabella

Comment

Granabella
        What is the letter for your dvd drive?
        if it is above D then you will probably find that this is your scenario.
        C is the normal drive you use.
        D is a subsection of C. As you have a notebook this is likely to contain the rescue info for your device. DO NOT touch it or delete it or there will be plenty of tears before bedtime should your device ever crash.
        Ideally you should only fill 50% of your working (C) drive. Should you need to fill more than that then you are advised to remove any unnecessary items (films, pics, messages etc) to another drive.

Comment

Just looked in quickly to say we have visitors so haven't been able to look at my Notebook Computer I will get onto it next week just haven't got the time at the moment and thanks Paul will get back next week toward the end of the week will deff not touch any thing thank you again Val and Paul .

Granabella

Comment

This is the post I was looking for just wanted to say thanks for all your advice havent looked at my small comuter since last post only looked in a couple of time been a very bad year am going to get notebook out and start again if I havent forgotten every thing ( you just have to keep up with things other wise you forget )

Granabella

Comment

Working...
            X