Need new eyes for 1881 search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need new eyes for 1881 search

Can anyone find Edward Emmanuel BARTON b 1869 Manchester in 1881 census.

In 1871 the family is living in Manchester.
    Edward b 1834 Ireland,wife Ann/Annie b c 1837 (changes ages) & children Joseph F 1864, Edward Emmanuel, Richard 1871.

Thanks
    Kerri

I have looked at ancestry and on the CDRom version and I cannot see him at all.

Maybe a part of the census is missing for Manchester ? I know the part of the 1861 census for Brighton where my ancestors lived is missing. And I cannot find Christopher and Catherine Eccles anywhere in Manchester in 1901.

Its very annoying when you just can not find that one census. Somewhere there is a list of what is missing from each census.
    Diane
    Sydney Australia
    Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

does 1891 lend any clues?
      Jess

Comment

Originally posted by Jessbowbag View Post
        does 1891 lend any clues?
        Not to me, but I don't know Manchester very well.

In 1871 the family lived in Foundry St/Lane, which appears to have been between Rochdale Rd and Oldham Road, other streets mentioned Goulden st and Mason St. Near Manchester Record Office. Lots of cellars and "back of"s. Edward Senior was a tailor.

In 1891, no Edward Snr at home, Ann is married head of Household, in Barbour St which is somewhere near where the railway crosses the Rochdale Road, another street Nelson St. Only Edward Jnr and Richard with Annie. Cant seem to find Joseph F in 1891.

So I guess they would have been somewhere in that general area, and that they are mistranscribed or one of those very faint or unreadable pages.
        Diane
        Sydney Australia
        Avatar: Reuben Edward Page and Lilly Mary Anne Dawson

Comment

Thanks for looking-it helps to know others cant find the family & its not just my search skills
          Kerri

Comment

I know it's Edward you are looking for but in case you don't have it and to add to dicole's info Joseph is in Scotland in 1891, he is married to Maggie with a son Fredk at Duke Street, Glasgow

Comment

this is the only family i could find in manchester near oldham road

they appear as the LAMB family, names are spot on but ages and relationships seem abit peculiar, albeit edward (father) is a tailor. and ann s birth in leeds matches.

Perhaps they were hiding something/someone
              Last edited by loltel; 09-01-13, 15:49.
              Lorraine

Comment

Oooh good one loltel

There is a marriage reg in 1861 Q1 8d 555 in Manchester and the names are
                EDWARD BARTON
                Peter McClare
                ANN LAMB
                Catherine Moore

Had a quick look to see if Peter McClare married Catherine but haven't found a match yet
                Last edited by Frazzled; 09-01-13, 17:42.

Comment

Found these on Lancs OPC

Baptisms: 21 Jun 1868 St Joseph, Ancoats, Lancashire, England
                  Eduardus Emmanuel Barton - Filius of Eduardi Barton & Annae (formerly Lamb)
                  Born: 11 Jun 1868
                  Baptised by: P. N. Stephan
                  Register: Baptisms 1865 - 1873, Page 187
                  Source: Original Register at LRO Preston

Baptisms: 24 Sep 1863 St Joseph, Ancoats, Lancashire, England
                  Josephus Franciscus Barton - filius of Eduardi Barton & Annae (formerly Lamb)
                  Born: 11 Sep 1863
                  Notes: Supples, baptizatus est Sub condit. [Conditional baptism]. Ejusdem [written in
                  place of the month - in the same month (as the birth)]
                  Baptised by: J. J. DeGryse M. C.
                  Register: Baptisms 1858 - 1865, Page 344
                  Source: Original Register at LRO Preston
                  Elaine

Looking for Ward, Moore, Hunt, Warren...and who was Gertrude Wills

http://leicestermoores.tribalpages.com
                  http://wardnottsleics.tribalpages.com

Comment

Great finds-This is excellent!! And yes Edward did marry Ann Lamb.
                    Thanks all
                    Kerri

Comment

Working...
                    X