For those with ancestors in Brighton & Hove - street directories & more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those with ancestors in Brighton & Hove - street directories & more

There's a new website which will be of great interest to those of us with ancestors in Brighton & Hove MyHouseMyStreet with scans of street directories and the promise of more detail to be added.

Wow thanks for that. OH was born in Brighton as were about 4 generations before him.

Thanks again

Linda

Comment

Thank you. I have ancestors from Brighton.

For those interested it is only the street names that have been indexed at the moment. On a couple of occasions I found that if the street goes over two pages, sometimes the second part has not been indexed and in the viewer you cannot flick a page forward or back through the directory as you view it (not that I've found anyway - tell me if I'm wrong!) So on a directory that has been indexed properly you need to note the following street to yours in the index, search on that and hopefully the second part of your street will be there.
      Last edited by keldon; 08-01-13, 14:21.
      Phil
      historyhouse.co.uk
      Essex - family and local history.

Comment

Yes I discovered that too. I have a street map of Brighton so have been using that..and of course you can use the census and find your street and then go forward or backward a few pages and find ,hopefully, the next street.

Linda

Comment

Working...
        X