Credit card payment for post-1858 wills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit card payment for post-1858 wills

Does anyone know when this facility will be available? I believe that it has been promised for a long time.

i wish they'd set that up. havn't heard anything on it though.

Comment

http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/pro...f-grants-wills it is still payment by Cheque or Postal order, or if outside UK international money order in pounds sterling.
      site last updated 8th May 2012

Edna

Comment

A few years ago I sent the Leicester record office an application form & stuck coins to it, I wanted a copy of the will of my 2x ggrandfather Henry Lee Quilter, the will arrived & not one word of complaint about the coins.
        Jenn

Comment

Originally posted by Nightryder View Post
          A few years ago I sent the Leicester record office an application form & stuck coins to it, I wanted a copy of the will of my 2x ggrandfather Henry Lee Quilter, the will arrived & not one word of complaint about the coins.
          Jenn
          Leicester are very helpful I have found!
          Margaret

Comment

i just emailed the borthwick institute about a marriage record, and they sent me a ref number to use to pay online. if you email them about a specific will, maybe they can do the same? it is so much easier than having a cheque done up.

Comment

The Borthwick only have wills pre 1858.

Jay
              Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Wasn't there a plan to digitise post-1858 wills so that they can be downloaded over the Internet (and paid for by credit card)? What is the current state of this project?

Comment

This seems to be the latest information:

Comment

that link is just saying that the probate people are uploading an index like ancestry has, that will have worse search abilities than ancestry has. it hasn't said there WILL be online ordering from this index, only they are considering it.

Comment

Working...
                    X