Family Search Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Search Website

The following tip was posted on another website; If anyone having problems with the new Family Search website try using http://www.archersoftware.co.uk/igi/index.htm.

Peter

Thanks for that, I've bookmarked it for future use.

I must say I love the new FamilySearch now. All the doubtful old "submitted" records have been moved out of the Extracted ones so you know what you are looking at is a reasonably reliable transcription. I also love that you can search on just a surname, which you were never allowed to do on the old search.

Anne

Comment

but it still throws up all irelevant results, and some relevant ones are mixed in them.

Comment

I scroll down and choose UK and Ireland; then scroll again to choose "England, births and christenings". OR England marriages; Then the search form you get is very flexible and the 'top' results pretty much match what you are asking. It does offer some stupid ones but these appear below a line headed "may be of interest"

Of course almost all my searches are England ... don't know what its like for other countries.

Anne

Comment

Like Anne in Carlisle, I now use it a lot. It's my first port of call for "overseas" happenings.
          And for anyone with Norfolk roots, being able to view so many parish register images is as good as having booked a seat at the county record office at Norwich!

Jay
          Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

The interface was just updated, allowing you to specify a country, &/or specify a record type - much like the old "pilot" used to. Haven't checked it out much, but so far I like what I see.

Comment

Working...
            X