Annetta Maud Baker 1891

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annetta Maud Baker 1891

Looking for Annetta Maud BAKER, b. 1873 Brierley Hills Staffs, missing in 1891. Birthplace is sometimes given as Woodside, Worcs/Staffs ...I am not very knowledgeable about this part of England and suppose these places to be close to one another. I do know parts of Staffs and Worcs were interchangeable.

She is with her family in 1881 (Class: RG11; Piece: 2895; Folio: 37; Page: 5; GSU roll: 1341694.) , where she is entered as Maud A. Baker and again on the 1901 census after her marriage to George WOOLDRIDGE, living in Talbot St, Lye Worcs.

I have found her older sister, Alice Beatrice BAKER, living away from home as a servant in 1891, in Lye Worcs, so it is entirely possible that Annetta has also gone into service somewhere.

I thought that 'Annetta' was possibly too exotic a name for a servant and she may appear as Ann, Annie, or perhaps Maud, but so far I have been unable to trace her. I think it is unlikely she moved away from the Staffs/ Worcs area.

Can anyone find this elusive lady?
    Last edited by Macbev; 05-01-13, 08:26.

Beverley

She is working as a servant at 2 Waterfall Lane, Wednesbury, Black Heath, Staffordshire
    Piece 2279 Folio 152 Page 25

She is listed as Annetta Maud Baker and working for the Standish family

Comment

Thanks a million, Frazzled....simple mistranscription

Beverley

Comment

Bev,

Staffordshire, Worcestershire and Warwickshire are very close in proximity as they border one another and the boundaries shifted about abit.
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks, Julie....I did get that impression, as the families I am looking at would be born in Staffs in one generation...then the next would be Worcs, although the village was the same

Beverley

Comment

Originally posted by Macbev View Post
            Thanks, Julie....I did get that impression, as the families I am looking at would be born in Staffs in one generation...then the next would be Worcs, although the village was the same
            yep tell me about it Bev, I have some like that too.. esp when its Worcs/Warks/Staffs... you just get your head around one lot of PRs then you have to buy some more to be able to follow them a little further!..
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Working...
            X