X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find "cousins" about 'Butler' from Surrey

Hi,

I'm looking for some information about:

Frederick Henry BUTLER born in 1898 (East Dulwich).
    His mother was Annie (Barn/Taylor) BUTLER and his father was Frederick Henry BUTLER.
    Perhaps married with Bernice Foster in 1927.

John Sidney BUTLER born in 1902 (Battersea), died in 1984.
    His mother is Annie Elisabeth (Barnes) BUTLER and his father was Charles Edward BUTLER

Thank you!

Hi

What information are you wanting?
    Lauren =)

Comment

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for your answer. In fact, these 2 men seems to be the only ones with children. So I would like to know if some of them are still alive and, perhaps, they know more about Butler's family than I know. It seems that some of my ancestors lived in (or near) Croydon, Surrey.

By the way, I would like to know more about them : For example, what did they do during WWI and WWII?

Thank you in advance.

Comment

A google search of Frederick Henry Butler brings up his name in Forces War Records and says he was in The Royal Warwickshire Regiment

There is also a thread on here where a subscriber from the Forces site offers help http://www.familytreeforum.com/showt...r-Records-site

Edna

Comment

The Frederick Henry Butler who was in the Royal Warwickshire Regiment was a casualty on the Somme in 1916 - and is commemorated on the Thiepval Memorial - he was born and enlisted in Birmingham - so doesn't seem to be worth pursuing

Another Frederick Henry Butler - killed on the same day as the one above and again commemorated on the Thiepval Memorial was in the York and Lancaster Regiment - born Chesterfield, enlisted Sheffield. He has a service record on Ancestry

There is another with a medal card on Ancestry who was a driver in the RFA during WW1

Unfortunately it's such a relatively "common" name it may be very difficult to find evidence of war service
          Last edited by SueNSW; 06-01-13, 11:03.

Comment

There are 3 trees on Ancestry with Bernice Vera Foster born 1898 in them and one is public. Unfortunately they have the husband as hidden and no parents for him. You could send them (all 3) a message and ask if they know who her husband and his parents were but he could of course be the other Frederick Henry Butler born in 1898 - the one born April-June 1898 in St Saviour. I assume yours is the one born Jan-March 1898 in Camberwell? Bernice and Frederick both appear to have died around Croydon where they married.
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
              There are 3 trees on Ancestry with Bernice Vera Foster born 1898 in them and one is public. Unfortunately they have the husband as hidden and no parents for him. You could send them (all 3) a message and ask if they know who her husband and his parents were but he could of course be the other Frederick Henry Butler born in 1898 - the one born April-June 1898 in St Saviour. I assume yours is the one born Jan-March 1898 in Camberwell? Bernice and Frederick both appear to have died around Croydon where they married.
              Thank you everyone.
              Could you tell me how I could send a message on Ancestry to contact these persons?
              Thank you in advance.

Comment

On this Ancestry page near the bottom you will see search. Make sure you have the family trees highlighted then put in Bernice Vere Foster born 1898 in England. Press search and you will see them. Then just click on their name and send message will appear.
                Discover your family history and build a family tree with the world’s largest genealogy website. Search birth records, census data, obituaries and more!
                Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 09-01-13, 10:46.
                Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Thank you!
                  I will try this, but I don't have a subscription to Ancestry website, so I don't know if it will work.

Comment

You can take out a two weeks free trial on there. If you are going to do a fair bit of research Id suggest you go to amazon and buy a familytree progam which includes 6 months premium sub to ancestry for less than £30, absolute bargain 24/7 use of ancestry plus a good family tree program on your computer to build your tree.

Blimey, only £21 now - buy it quick!

Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 14-01-13, 17:54.

Comment

Working...
                    X