Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Need Lookup - British Library, Indian Office Records

Hi every one,

I'm from France and I would like to see 2 documents in British Library, but I can't go there.
    If you go there, could you help me , please?

I can send you more details about these documents by PM

Thank you in advance.

Have you tried looking here: http://www.bl.uk/reshelp/atyourdesk/servdeliv.html

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi Christine,

Do you know how much it costs exactly for France (I'm from France!)? Because, I've got all the references for the documents I would like to see, but I can't go there.
      Thank you!

Comment

I think you can email them and ask for an estimate. I have obtained records from the British Library in the past and the cost was not prohibitive.
        Elaine

Comment

It's likely to be significantly less than it would cost you to come and get them! (Unless you could tie it in with a pre-planned visit for some other purpose.)

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Originally posted by Christine in Herts View Post
            It's likely to be significantly less than it would cost you to come and get them! (Unless you could tie it in with a pre-planned visit for some other purpose.)

Christine
            Thank you everyone for your answers!
            I sent a email to British Library to ask prices for copies. It's too expensive, so I will wait... perhaps, someone will go and could help... perhaps, one day, I will go to visit London and I will go there...

Comment

Originally posted by grosjean545 View Post
              Thank you everyone for your answers!
              I sent a email to British Library to ask prices for copies. It's too expensive, so I will wait... perhaps, someone will go and could help... perhaps, one day, I will go to visit London and I will go there...
              I have saved the bulletins of this thread in a "visits" box in my email (where I try to save info about things people want looked up). If I have occasion to go to the British Library, I'll try to remember to contact you, to see if your query is still outstanding.

Christine

Comment

You may already be aware of this link to the British Library India Office Family History Search, but if not, I have found it useful for finding assorted births, marriages and deaths, as well as some potted biographies which can be little gold mines of information.

Regards,
                Christine
                Researching:
                HOEY (Fermanagh, other Ulster counties and Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada) BANNIGAN and FOX (Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland and Portland, Maine, USA) REYNOLDS, McSHEA, PATTERSON and GOAN (Corker and Creevy, Ballyshannon, Donegal, Ireland) DYER (Belfast and Ballymacarrett) SLEVIN and TIMONEY (Fermanagh) BARNETT (Ballagh, Tyrone and Strangford, Down)

Comment

Thank you Christine.
                  I've already seen this link and found some information, but not these 2 documents what I'm looking for.

Comment

Join the India List to see if someone is going to the BL and can look at the records for you.
                    I am a member of the list and they have been very helpful in the past for me.

Edna

Comment

Originally posted by clematised View Post
                      http://lists.rootsweb.ancestry.com/i...IND/INDIA.html

Join the India List to see if someone is going to the BL and can look at the records for you.
                      I am a member of the list and they have been very helpful in the past for me.

Edna
                      Thank you for this advise!

Comment

Working...
                      X