frances clementson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frances clementson

can i have some help with frances clementson b.1820 neasham, durham please? the surname is spelt many ways: clementson, cleminson, clemetson, clemitson, clemson.........

she was christened at hurworth, durham on 23 jul 1820. she is the daughter of matthew clementson and mary reed. she had an illegitimate son john clementson b.1839 at neasham, and christened at hurworth.

frances is present in neasham for 1841, her son john is with her parents. he is there in 1851 as well, and dies in 1853.

but i can't track frances at all after 1841. can anyone locate her?

Have you explored marriages? thats the obvious answer
    Jess

Comment

have you looked at this Kyle?

Name: Frances Clementson
      Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1840
      Registration district: Easington
      Inferred County: Durham
      Volume Number: 24
      Page Number: 82
      Julie
      They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

1851 possibly - can't find the evidence but a few clues that might suggest its her

Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece: 2390; Folio: 386; Page: 20; GSU roll: 87068.
        Jess

Comment

a death that is surely connected?

Rushforth

_hatthe__ Clementson

Durham

10a
          (birth reg 1848)
          Last edited by Jessbowbag; 03-01-13, 09:47.
          Jess

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
            have you looked at this Kyle?

Name: Frances Clementson
            Date of Registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1840
            Registration district: Easington
            Inferred County: Durham
            Volume Number: 24
            Page Number: 82
            i've got her in 1841 as frances clementson......could this be possible? be enumerated under a maiden name when married?

Comment

Originally posted by Jessbowbag View Post
              1851 possibly - can't find the evidence but a few clues that might suggest its her

Source Citation: Class: HO107; Piece: 2390; Folio: 386; Page: 20; GSU roll: 87068.
              this looks good. elvet, durham as frances rushforth b.1821 neasham, with husband john, and kids mary anne, matthew and john.

with the birth of matthew clementson rushforth in 1848 stockton. still can't find a marriage, so maybe she didn't marry? or was widowed?

Comment

frances vanishes before 1861, and there is a frances b.1854 neasham in the workhouse with what appears to be siblings, joseph b.1852 and john b.1851, both born neasham.

frances had a brother joseph, so i think these are her kids. matthew died 1854, and i havn't looked for mary anne yet.

there is a frances rushford buried at hurworth in 1859 with a death cert registered under darlington. i think this is her?

Comment

maybe this site will help, I have never used it, but, it may help

Julie
                  They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Not forgetting that there are a number of images of PRs &/or BTs for Durham on FamilySearch, ... but not necessarily indexed.

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

hurworth is online on familysearch, i have frances clementson's aunt frances reed buried there in 1859, so i think i will get the image for frances rushford's burial and see what the address was.

Comment

well the burial states address as neasham. putting 'frances rushford' living durham in 1851 only comes up with frances rushforth b.1820 neasham, as jess found for me. so i think it is her, but the only way to prove it is the death cert.

Comment

the will for aunt frances reed came today, and she says frances rushforth is her niece. so confirmed for me again. but can't find a marriage.

Comment

Good to know the Will is supportive to your research.

Just twigged your ref to the place, Hurworth... I've been helping someone who has that name, I think (I'm away from home at mo), in her tree and was wondering if any connection to the place.

Christine
                            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

i don't if there are many towns in england called hurworth. wikipedia gives hurworth and hurworth on tees, both in darlington district. so probably a good link at some point.

Comment

Working...
                              X