Lost in 1891

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost in 1891

I have been searching without success for Thomas Roberts (1870 Admaston, Shropshire) on the 1891 census and wondered if someone else might have more joy.
    Thomas was the son of Thomas Roberts (1842 Alscott) a railway porter and Elizabeth Jones(1846).
    Thomas married Louisa Wilson (1866 Dawley) in Dawley in 1887 and Louisa is in Dawley with just her 2 sons in 1891. The second son was born in Birmingham in 1890, and the first son died in 3rd quarter of 1891 in Wolverhampton. A daughter was also born in Wolverhampton in 1892.
    Another son Sidney George Roberts was born in Shropshire in 1897 and by 1900 they were in Coventry with Thomas being a manager of a cycle works.
    I am sure Thomas must be in either Birmingham or Wolverhampton, but can't find a suitable candidate.

sorry cannot find him either

Comment

Thanks for looking Val.

Comment

A long shot - searching on Findmypast just for a Thomas with no surname specified born Admaston I came up with Thomas Hardwick aged 22 in Wolverhampton- 43 Cook Street.
        Looking at the household this Thomas is listed as married and the nephew of the head of the household William Hardwick. Could it be that this is Thomas Roberts and the enumerator just assumed the nephew had the same surname as his uncle?
        RG12 piece 2227 folio 62 page 19

(Ancestry have transcribed the surname as Henderick)
        Last edited by JudithM; 05-01-13, 19:45.
        Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Aha!
          William Hardwick -Marriage June quarter 1879 Wolverhampton 6b 681. One of the two possible brides was Emma ROBERTS. William's wife in 1891 census entry I found (above) was called Emma.
          Last edited by JudithM; 05-01-13, 19:16.
          Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Thanks so much Judith- I have just seen your replies. That looks really hopeful for Thomas and will double check it with the information I have on his family.
            Brillian!

Comment

Working...
            X