ancestry deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ancestry deal

This year we can help you make more discoveries about your family history, and save you more than £25! Come back as an annual Premium member before 7th January, and we'll give you 3 months free.*

*Three Months Free Offer based on the purchase of an Annual Premium membership at the special offer price of £80.55 compared to the usual Annual Premium membership price of £107.40, a saving of more than £25. Offer available until 7th January 2013 at 23:59 GMT. To ensure you get continuous access to Ancestry.co.uk your Annual Premium membership will be renewed automatically at the end of the one-year subscription period and your chosen payment method debited at the standard rate applicable at the time.
    was sent this email by ancestry. don't know if this is for anyone, or just trying to get those without current subs to suscribe. but thought i'd post it in case!

shame I am using the free 6 months with FTM ,I never get those offers usually

Comment

i've never had a sub with ancestry val. i sub to FMP, and have for a few years. it's been years since i got credits for ancestry too. so i think it is a deal to attract new subscribers, not sweeten the pot for existing ones.

Comment

Originally posted by kylejustin View Post
        i've never had a sub with ancestry val. i sub to FMP, and have for a few years. it's been years since i got credits for ancestry too. so i think it is a deal to attract new subscribers, not sweeten the pot for existing ones.
        I have an Ancestry sub that expires on 14th January and I got the same 25% discount email today so I don't understand why they sent it to me. I've already had the email telling me that they will automatically renew my existing sub on 14/1. I won't be taking up the 25% discount because I've got 6 months free with Family Tree Maker to use.
        Jackie

Comment

How are they expecting you to take up the offer. as it has no option for this on their subscriptions page and mine expires soon

Having used FMP over the Xmas/New year period using the credits offer, I have cometo the conclusion that it is better to stay with Ancestry, as their search facilities etc are far superior.
          And the so called Austrailia records on FMP are a fraction of those that Ancestry hold

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

The email I received has a link on it to my Ancestry account page. It has the renewal price of £107.40 on it and as I don't intend using it I don't know where they would apply the discount.

I've found in the past that their customer services are very good. Its a freephone number and if you explain that others have received offers of discounts they may well give you the same. I would also check how much you can get FTM for because it may be cheaper to get your discount that way
            Jackie

Comment

Working...
            X