Google drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google drive

Please could someone explain Google Drive to me in simple terms . What I need is to be able to share photos from my computer to my daughters mobile phone.Is this possible, would they be secure, for her eyes only and would I have to resize them first? At the moment I am resizing them, sending them to my phone and then on to hers.

It is basically a free storage space on their Google servers on the Internet.
    you are given 5GB of space free, if you wish more, you have to pay.

Only those that you give access to can see the data

Microsoft offer the same service via their SkyDrive system for people who have a microsoft live account, and they offer more free storage at 7GB

Any image, thaken on a digital camera is normally stored on its card in the highest resolution to allow high quality editing etc, but if you just want to share them, it is best to optimise the to a lower file size to save on your storage space.

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Thanks very much. I understand it now.

Comment

Trevor could you give me a bit more help please.I have set up Google Drive on my desk top and can successfully send and edit documents on my Nexus and view edited docs. on the desk top again. I have also set up Google Drive on the Nexus but these documents, although sent to the desktop, can't be opened. I get a message saying I must ask for permission. When I do this I seem to go round in circles and I still can't open the document. I have Gmail on the Nexus and Windows live mail on the desk top. I feel I am missing something but can't work out what.

Comment

Hi Jill

To share between the two devices, you need to be using the same account for the Google Drive, from your email, it seems that you have used two different emails (one for the Nexus and one for the PC), is that correct?

If you have used two different accounts, you need to set up share permissions for the files
          You can share the files and folders that you store in Google Drive with anyone. When you share from Google Drive, you can control whether people can edit, comment on, or only open

If you are using the same account details on both devices, then I am stumpped, as it is the account sign-in that rules the permissions and you should be able to upload/download and then open in either direction.

Trev

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

If you have used two different accounts, you need to set up share permissions for the files
            Official Google Drive Help Center where you can find tips and tutorials on using Google Drive and other answers to frequently asked questions.

Thank you once again. I am using different accounts. I will look at the google site later.

Comment

Working...
            X