1891 Look-up Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1891 Look-up Please

Could someone let me know who lived at 32 Southam Street, Kensington in 1891? I have someone who died there a few weeks previously and wonder if any family are still there - note: I have looked for the family before without success and, due to the sharp-eyed people who let us know about the free credits, I managed to find a newspaper article of the death giving the address (but I had used up all the credits by this time!)

Thanks for any help

if I have done this right, am not sure because I don't usually use this for searching, try this

at no 32 there appears to be a family by the name of Elliot, does this help~?
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks so much - and I may have learned something as I did not know it was possible to do an address search on A***y. How did you do it?

Comment

Originally posted by Bertie View Post
        Thanks so much - and I may have learned something as I did not know it was possible to do an address search on A***y. How did you do it?
        I didn't... lol.. I used FMP, then used the name on the results to search on Ancestry... bit of a faff, but, it worked :smilee:
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I find the address search is one of the few areas where FMP really scores over Ancestry.

In 1891, 32 Southam Street does have the Elliot family , but it also has Cogdell, Cooper, Wittington and Hewlett's listed as Head of households at the same address.
          Last edited by AntonyM; 31-12-12, 11:56.
          Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
          Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Thanks Julie and Antony - I did spot the continuation on the next page!

Another of the areas where FMP scores is its transcriptions of the Scottish Census - some of the Ancestry ones are diabolical!

Comment

Originally posted by Bertie View Post
              Another of the areas where FMP scores is its transcriptions of the Scottish Census - some of the Ancestry ones are diabolical!
              that's true, but if you actually get the images from scotlandspeople, you will see no matter how absurd they are, occasionally the transcript is right.

Comment

Working...
              X