• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mecham's again.....keep disapearing

I have lost more rellies from this family that just keep disappearing

Samuel George Mecham born 1876c bethnal green, london
    Henrietta Mecham (nee Maytum) born 1878 kent
    Rose Mecham born 1900 edmonton, london
    George Arthur Mecham born 1905 Edmonton, London (then middlesex)

I have them right up to 1901 in census and then george birth for 1905, then nothing.
    There are a few trees on Ancy but they appear wrong, i.e different siblings etc.

so where did they go ???? often mistranscribed, meacham, michum,mitcham,mechum

This is my direct maternal line and i have it pretty much nailed on with certs and documents from my grandmothers effects.
    Lorraine

In 1911 - Rose Mecham and her mother are living at 89 Longfield Rd, Dover. Henrietta now apparently married to Charles Andrews. They claim to have been married for 4 years , but marriage registration isn't until 1914 ?? I wonder if/when Samuel died ?

George Arthur Mecham isn't with them ....

Last edited by AntonyM; 30-12-12, 16:49.
    Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
    Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Thanks Anthony, that is them

I have samuel in the electoral rolls in enfield at the family home in 1922 -1927 with louisa ?

I cant find any marriage to louisa and no death for either of them.

Possibly sam, louisa and george emigrated ?
      Lorraine

Comment

Hi again anthonyM, just noticed your bucks research...all my meacham family (above posts) originate from woughton on the green and castlethorpe

just another useless piece of info i felt compeled to share
        Lorraine

Comment

Originally posted by loltel View Post
          Thanks Anthony, that is them

I have samuel in the electoral rolls in enfield at the family home in 1922 -1927 with louisa ?

I cant find any marriage to louisa and no death for either of them.

Possibly sam, louisa and george emigrated ?
          is this him later?? he has swapped his names around...possibly to get around something?

50 Goodwin Rd is the address.. Enfield
          Last edited by Darksecretz; 30-12-12, 21:47.
          Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I think if it were me I would get Henrietta's second marriage, it might say if she was a widow or not.
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I think Samuel may be living with his parents Samuel and Caroline (Carrie) in 1911 in Edmonton (17 Belmont Ave) and claiming to be single - no sign of George Arthur still.

It would appear that Henrietta probably married bigamously in 1914, although I suspect her marriage certificate will say "widow".

What about the father, Samuel Mecham (b abt 1849) who dies in Edmonton in Q4 1917 - do you have that certificate ? It would be interesting to see if his eldest son Samuel George was the informant.

A very interesting family to try and sort out - good luck !
              Last edited by AntonyM; 30-12-12, 23:34.
              Retired professional researcher, and ex- deputy registrar, now based in Worcestershire. Happy to give any help or advice I can ( especially on matters of civil registration) - contact via PM or my website www.chalfontresearch.co.uk
              Follow me on Twittter @ChalfontR

Comment

Originally posted by AntonyM View Post
                I think Samuel may be living with his parents Samuel and Caroline (Carrie) in 1911 in Edmonton (17 Belmont Ave) and claiming to be single - no sign of George Arthur still.

It would appear that Henrietta probably married bigamously in 1914, although I suspect her marriage certificate will say "widow".

What about the father, Samuel Mecham (b abt 1849) who dies in Edmonton in Q4 1917 - do you have that certificate ? It would be interesting to see if his eldest son Samuel George was the informant.

A very interesting family to try and sort out - good luck !

Thanks Anthony

yes that samuel george at 17 belmont in 1911.
                Samuel and carrie were my g grandparents.

The george samuel in 50 goodwin road was my uncle george and the mary eliza thats with them on that ER was my mother and i was born in that very house, many years later i might add, lol

my g granddad samuel who died in 1917 in belmont ave had a heart attack, the informant on the cert was g gran carrie.

so where has george arthur gone.....curiouser and curioser lol
                Last edited by loltel; 31-12-12, 21:16.
                Lorraine

Comment

Working...
                X