Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage in Nova Scotia, Canada

Can anyone help me please.
    I am looking for a marriage in Nova Scotia between David Wilton Clark(e) b 1920 Grimsby, Lincolnshire - father George Wilton Clark(e) and Annie Vandonninck (Van Donnick, Van Dorick, Vandornick, Van Dorrik, Vardoninck) b 1924, Nova Scotia.
    David was in the Merchant Navy.
    Any help with the Van Donninck family would be appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Have a look at this provincial site. https://novascotiagenealogy.com/

It's easy to use, and you can view the records you find. You only pay if you want a copy of the document. I had a look and couldn't find either your bride or groom, but it just may take more persistence. Or perhaps the marriage is too recent for the site to include. Either way, this is a site you should have a look at. Good luck.

Comment

Thank you I will have a look now.

I should have added that their first child was born in Grimsby UK in 1947 so I expect they married around that date. We do know they definitely married in Canada.

Edit:1937-present
      Records remain under the control of Vital Statistics, Service Nova Scotia and Municipal Relations. Please contact them for further assistance.

Oh dear no joy there I'm afraid. will check out this new link
      Last edited by Katarzyna; 30-12-12, 12:35.
      Kat

My avatar is my mother 1921 - 2012

Comment

I know that (or, rather, have heard over and over again that) Canadian privacy rules make it much harder to get access to recent BMD records.

Christine
        Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
        X