Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Delivered into Court 2nd May, 11 Charles I.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delivered into Court 2nd May, 11 Charles I.

Would anyone know what this phrase means, is it the date the records were collected?

Sounds like he was arrested maybe in the time of Charles 1st but I dont know when that would have been as I am not a historian, how far back is this phrase in your ancestry

Edna

Comment

http://www.british-civil-wars.co.uk/biog/charles1.htm could have been 1611

Edna

Comment

At one time years were often reckoned within the reign of a monarch in which case 11 Charles 1 could mean in the 11th year of the reign of Charles 1, ie 1636 (Charles reigned from 1625 to 1649 when he was executed.)
        Last edited by JudithM; 29-12-12, 20:09.
        Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Thanks for your replies it is in reference to many items on Oxfordshire Extracted Parish Records, at first I thought they were burials but think some are christenings.

Comment

Originally posted by JudithM View Post
            At one time years were often reckoned within the reign of a monarch in which case 11 Charles 1 could mean in the 11th year of the reign of Charles 1, ie 1636 (Charles reigned from 1625 to 1649 when he was executed.)
            That's what I would have expected.

Christine
            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
            X