james ambrose sheppard 1907

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• james ambrose sheppard 1907

hi there, i have james ambrose sheppard born 1907 bristol, he married kate bryer in 1941 (kates second marriage). im looking to find james parents but cant find anything, also trying to see if there were any brothers and sisters to him. but with a common name i dont know if i would be able to find that out. Any ideas how i can find details about him and his family please. Merry Christmas to you all,

There is a public tree on Ancestry which shows his parents as George Sheppard and Mary Ann Harvey

If that is correct then he appears to be recorded as Jim Sheppard in the 1911 census on Ancestry

His marriage certificate would confirm his father's name and occupation.
    Elaine

Comment

oh ok then thanks, ill see if i can look

Comment

If you don't have access to Ancestry you should be able to look at the tree on www.mundia.com (as associate site of Ancestry)
        Elaine

Comment

That tree can't be right. They have George dying in 1901 & he appears to be very much alive in 1911.
          Moggie

Comment

I would ignore that tree and get the marriage cert. It seems to have several anomalies on it. There are a couple of possible James Sheppards' born Bristol in 1911 and unless they have certs could be just guessing.
            Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Sheppard

Originally posted by Chrissie Smiff View Post
              I would ignore that tree and get the marriage cert. It seems to have several anomalies on it. There are a couple of possible James Sheppards' born Bristol in 1911 and unless they have certs could be just guessing.

hi there james sheppard was definately born 1907 and died 1962 if that is any help and married kate bryer. Is the only way to find out is to get the cert? if so where do i get it from? thanks for all your replies

Comment

the marriage is listed under James A Sheppard in Bristol Gloucestershire Dec quarter of 1941 spouse Clark Volume 6A Page 588

best place to order cert from is the GRO cheapest heres the link

Order an official birth, adoption, death, marriage or civil partnership certificate from the General Register Office (GRO) if you need a copy or want to research your family tree.

Comment

are you by any chance Bristolbabe on GR as there is a posting about this in 2009

Comment

its also on Roots and the bbc site

The best of the BBC, with the latest news and sport headlines, weather, TV & radio highlights and much more from across the whole of BBC Online

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                      are you by any chance Bristolbabe on GR as there is a posting about this in 2009
                      hi there it could of been me, sorry i dont use gr anymore, ill take a look. sorry if it is,thanks

Comment

I have just received a message through Ancestry asking me whether I have James Shappard and Kate Clark in my tree and how I am related. Could this be to do with the fact that I have been trying to research on Ancestry for this thread?
                        The sender is kld171. If so, what do I tell them please?

Comment

Having read the BBC link that Val posted I see that the census Elaine posted on reply 2 is the right one. You say later on in the message on BBC that you now have this family sorted. So I'm a bit confused as to who we are actually looking for?

Comment

so am I

Comment

I have just received a message through Ancestry asking me whether I have James Shappard and Kate Clark in my tree and how I am related. Could this be to do with the fact that I have been trying to research on Ancestry for this thread?
                              The sender is kld171. If so, what do I tell them please?
                              Sorry it is me kld171 on Ancestry. im not very good at this, i was just trying to find the right parents for james sheppard. If it is the right ones i have then sorry for all the questions. Ive just lost the plot. Ill leave it there and thanks very much everyone for all your help.

Comment

sorry but im not sure which is the census that elaine said about! .

Comment

Originally posted by kartrix View Post
                                  sorry but im not sure which is the census that elaine said about! .
                                  This is what Elaine said

If that is correct then he appears to be recorded as Jim Sheppard in the 1911 census on Ancestry

Margaret

Comment

Kartrix if I was you I'd send for the cert as in post 8 , otherwise you may be another few years looking, its got to be worth it .

Comment

Not to worry kartrix, I just didn't want to miss a possible connection for you.
                                      I agree with Val about the cert though

Comment

Not to worry kartrix, I just didn't want to miss a possible connection for you.
                                        I agree with Val about the cert though
                                        Ok thanks i ill send for the cert. Thanks for all your help

Comment

Working...
                                        X