Probate 1934

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probate 1934

I'd appreciate it if someone would let me know what info is contained (on Anc'y) about Elizabeth Jane Preston Cross's probate granted 1934 ... e.g. her address at time of death / who probate granted to / £value of estate etc.

Thanks
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

Cross Elizabeth Jane Preston of Rowsley Bower-Road Hale Cheshire widow died 10th April 1934. Probate :Liverpool 31 May to Edith Lancashire Dick (wife of Arthur Kirkpatrick Dick) and the said Arthur Kirkpatrick Dick advertising manager. Effects £3125 8s. 8d.
    Last edited by Kelly; 22-12-12, 10:12.

Comment

CROSS Elizabeth Jane Preston of Rowsley Bower road Hale Chesthire widow died 10 April 1934 Probate Liverpool 31 May to Edith Lancashire Dick (wife of Arthur Kirdpatrick Dick) and the said Arthur Kirkpatrick Dick advertising manager.
      Effects £3125 8s 8d
      (Source: Ancestry England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966)

At least that has solved the query of who Edith Lancashire Cross married!
      Elaine

Comment

Snap!
        Elaine

Comment

Thanks Kelly and Elaine

Wonder where the other £35k went (Hubby left over £38K in 1929!)

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
          At least that has solved the query of who Edith Lancashire Cross married!
          ... that was my thought too .. lol

Comment

Arthur died 1958 Buckinghamshire... so would appreciate it if some kind person would look up probate info and let me know who it was granted to / how much etc

I've not been able to track down what happened to his widow Edith ... I can't find a death for her up to 1983, I can't find a possible 2nd marriage either.

It looks as though they may have had 3 children (via searching for surname Dick / mmn Cross) ... hoping probate info sheds some light on them ???
            Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 22-12-12, 14:09.

Comment

DICK Arthur Kirkpatrick of Madeley Cottage Chestnut Lane amersham Buckinghamshire died 7 June 1958 Administration Liverpool 14 November to Edith Lancashire Dick widow. Effects £255 2s 1d

Source: England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations), 1858-1966
              Elaine

Comment

England & Wales, Death Index, (source Ancestry)
                Edith Lancashire Dick
                Date of birth: 14 Apr 1902
                Date of death registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1978
                Chiltern & Beaconsfield, volume 19, page 1085

Looks as if she deducted a couple of years from her age - or else the informant didn't know her correct age!
                Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine - I looked on FreeBMD but couldn't find her :(

I'm assuming Elizabeth J P C didn't bequeath all her money to Edith ... or maybe she did and Edith and Arthur spent it ???

Comment

Working...
                  X