Military records FMP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military records FMP

FMP has some new military records and my 4x GGfathers records are there! However I have just run out of credits, and can only see the transcription. Could someone have a look at the images and see if there is any more info on him - I'd love to know who his parents were.

His name is Ruding Veasey, b.1749 in Leicester, it's in British Army Service Records.

Thanks.
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Hi Linda,

There are two pages and they relate to his wanting to be discharged from the Army. The date is 1789, after 20 years service he is worn out.

No family are mentioned.

Did you know that a Ruding Vesey/Veasey is mentioned on ancestry in the Poll books for 1768 / There are other Veaseys mentioned on the same page.

I will pm you,

bcbrit
    George, Uren, Toy - Cornwall. Barrows, Blair, Bowyer, Freeth, Green, Manie - London

Comment

Hi bcbrit,

Thanks for looking. Yes I have that info on him from the poll books, and I'm sure some of the other Veaseys mentioned are family, just not sure exactly how! The only other info I have on him is that he fought in the American War of Independence, was captured by the Americans in 1781 and returned to the British in 1782. Reading through the military history of this brigade, they certainly kept them busy!

Linda
      Linda

Comment

whoop whoop yeah another on the veazey/veasey hunt - mine are all londoners though
        Lorraine

Comment

Hi Loltel - yes the Veaseys keep me on my toes - as yet they are all still in Leicester, but have lost track of them after 1840's so who knows where they may have ended up!
          Linda

Comment

Originally posted by ozgirl View Post
            FMP has some new military records and my 4x GGfathers records are there! However I have just run out of credits, and can only see the transcription. Could someone have a look at the images and see if there is any more info on him - I'd love to know who his parents were.

His name is Ruding Veasey, b.1749 in Leicester, it's in British Army Service Records.

Thanks.
            Have you not seen the thread on the free FMP credits?

Researching:
            FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Yes thanks Trevor, have claimed my 140 now, (thanks to all who posted) so now can see what else is available for me!
              Linda

Comment

If anyone has any information about Frederick Veasey, born Leicester 1870, buried Leicester 1916, but never seems to have died I should be interested.

Comment

Working...
                X