Mark Reynolds 1751

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Reynolds 1751

Hi everyone, i have Mark Reynolds born 1751 Northamptonshire, married Mary Morris but i can find no details of him anywhere, can anyone help me please. Thanks

what details are you looking for? birth? marriage? death? children? you must have something on him and mary?

Comment

There is a 'Tree' on him in Ancestry..........Walton Family Tree.............he dies 1839 Northampton.

Comment

hi all i have is his birth,and death and that he was married to mary morris. i will look on ancestry but am not subscribed sso probably wont be able to look at the tree. His parents if poss i was looking for plus children and his occupation. Sorry if its a lot to ask.

Comment

Before the start of civil registration in England & Wales (mid-1837, 1855 in Scotland), all you will have is parish records and possibly probate records. Many of the parish records have been transcribed (for example by the LDS Church - see familysearch.com ) and local family history societies.
          Last edited by Uncle John; 20-12-12, 17:21.
          Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

thanks will do

Comment

Ive looked on familysearch but no avail,:(. Where else can i look too? sorry i dont know many sites to look on

Comment

ive looked on freereg and found mary morris her parents were richard and mary but cant find any details on them, !! Where else can i look im a bit stuck on this please

Comment

mary morris was born 1755 earls barton

Comment

Nothing coming up on Familysearch for either of those names sorry I have tried all ways I can think of

Edna

There are no Morris's at Earls Barton Baptist Parish from 1770 to 1837 baptisms is it possible she may hve previously married another and Morris is her married name. batch number C 091941
                    Last edited by clematised; 20-12-12, 21:59.

Comment

How do you know Mark Reynolds was born in Northamptonshire? If you're not getting any results it might be that the relevant records are not online. Or it might be that he moved from elsewhere.

Have you considered this one on FamilySearch? Mark Reynolds baptised in Stony Stratford, Buckinghamshire in 1749.

Anne

Comment

Hi
                        Are they the Mark & Mary who had 5 children baptised at Overstone?
                        Baptism record of John 1786 notes that the parents were paupers. You could contact the Northampton record office to see if there are any settlement certificates or other documents etc for this couple.
                        How sure are you that Mark died in 1839?
                        NBI gives a burial for a Mark Reynolds age 70 on 21st Mar 1821 at Overstone &
                        a Mary Reynolds age 80 in 1832.
                        Moggie

Comment

Originally posted by kartrix View Post
                          hi all i have is his birth,and death and that he was married to mary morris. i will look on ancestry but am not subscribed sso probably wont be able to look at the tree. His parents if poss i was looking for plus children and his occupation. Sorry if its a lot to ask.
                          if the tree is a public tree you can register and use www.mundia.com [ancestrys sister site] it costs nothing and you can contact tree owners. mundia only has ancestrys public trees though.

another useful site to try is www.familysearch.org [this site is useful for parish records before 1837]

how did you 'arrive' at Mark Reynolds?
                          Julie
                          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

What about the old 'stand by'................take advantage of 14 day free trial at Ancestry.co.uk; just make sure to cancel if that's what you want to do..........good luck.

Comment

Hi there everyone, in my tree i have William Reynolds born overstone 1779, parents mark and mary. i have just looked on freereg and found detils of mary morris earls barton. but nothing for mark reynolds. im getting confused lol.

Comment

Originally posted by kartrix View Post
                                Hi there everyone, in my tree i have William Reynolds born overstone 1779, parents mark and mary. i have just looked on freereg and found detils of mary morris earls barton. but nothing for mark reynolds. im getting confused lol.
                                For the William Reynolds in your tree, what documentary evidence that he belongs there? Pre-civil registration (1837), dates of birth were not commonly recorded, only dates of baptism (which could be at any age). You can only make a good guess at place of birth if the person baptised is an infant. "Of this parish" (OTP) only tells you where the person was living when they were baptised, married, died etc.
                                Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X