Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search for descendants: Capt T CARTMAN

Hello All

This looks like the sort of thing that FTF is really good at! Have a look here:
    Boy, 6, looks for family of WWI soldier Capt T Cartman

17 December 2012 Last updated at 19:06 Help
    A six- year-old boy from Greater Manchester is trying to find the family of a soldier who wrote a journal during World War I.

Capt T Cartman, a distinguished soldier who was wounded in France, became a prisoner of war and was awarded the Military Cross.

His personal journal - containing letters, photos and military awards - was discovered in a skip in Cleveleys, Lancashire by Oliver Booth's father.
    Now Oliver and his classmates at Peel Brow School in Ramsbottom are appealing for help to try to find Capt Cartman's family.

Last edited by Christine in Herts; 19-12-12, 18:08.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

I think that he appears on here:

It does refer to the MC being awarded in WW1 at Arras in 1917.

And the CWGC entry is here:

Christine
    Last edited by Christine in Herts; 19-12-12, 18:24.
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Using the CWGC info, he is probably the Thomas CARTMAN who married Alice HARDMAN in Bury in 1921q1.

Please not that info about CHILDREN OF THIS MARRIAGE SHOULDN'T BE NAMED IN OPEN FORUM unless we can demonstrate that they have died.

Christine

Comment

3 possible children of Thomas Cartman and Alice Hardman:
        T D - 1922 3rd qtr. Bury
        K M - 1926 1st qtr. Bury
        G H - 1928 2nd qtr. Bury

.. and a possible death registration for Alice

Alice Cartman (birth date 30 Sept 1897)
        Date of death registration: Jan-Feb-Mar 1975
        Bury
        Volume 38
        Page 0635
        Elaine

Comment

Is anyone else trying to follow this through - if so do you want to compare notes by PM?
          I think I may have found a grandson on Facebook!
          Elaine

Comment

Forget that - looks as if it's already been solved by the Great War Forum!
            Elaine

Comment

.. and here!

Matches what I found!
              - but surprised the Great War Forum allows details of living people!
              Elaine

Comment

Thanks, Elaine.

I found those children - and some possible marriages for two of them.

I'm glad it's been solved. I'd not have raised it here, had I noticed that, myself. Interesting that about living names being allowed! Not good practice, I'd say.

Christine

Comment

Working...
                X