Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

following on from my previous thread / lookups ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• following on from my previous thread / lookups ....

I'd like to know a bit more about the following people, although I have very limited information;

- Frank Grosvenor Shawcross, manager (possibly something to do with civil / mining engineering OR he could be an estate manager) - according to Anc'y he was born 1871 Cheshire. Hoping his name makes it easy to find him.
    In 1911 he's living in Lancashire. Frank died in 1937, Devon.

- Sidney Williams, chartered accountant (probably knew Frank Shawcross and links to civil/mining engineering too ???) this may be a tough one to find! I'm presuming he lived in Lancashire too.

Thanks for any info you are able to find/give.

Both the above were granted probate in 1929, along with the deceased's wife and brother.
    Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 19-12-12, 14:03. Reason: to clarify yr.
    Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today ~ follow your dream!

did you see Shawcross has probate resworn in 1937 ?

Comment

there is a family tree on ancestry Alison Griffiths ? is the contact do you know of her ?

Comment

Originally posted by LeicestershireLass View Post
        - Frank Grosvenor Shawcross, manager (possibly something to do with civil / mining engineering OR he could be an estate manager) - according to Anc'y he was born 1871 Cheshire. In 1911 he's living in Lancashire.
        The 1911 census has - Frank Grosvenor Shawcross age 40, single, born Whaley Bridge, Cheshire, Manager Wholesale Newsagent Stationery, living with his sister Helen Maud Shawcross age 48. Address: Overton, Egerton Park, Whaley. RG14, Piece: 23567, RD 463, ED 8.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
          Hi Val - no, not seen this ... would appreciate info please.

there is a family tree on ancestry Alison Griffiths ? is the contact do you know of her ?
          I noticed a tree on Anc'y, but unable to access as subs run out ... would appreciate any info about Frank

Frank Grosvenor Shawcross ... Manager Wholesale Newsagent Stationery,
          Thanks Susan, I hadn't expected that! Maybe between 1911 and 1929 he changed jobs and was a manager somewhere else. I tried to find him via the internet yesterday, but no success.

Comment

LL, if this tree is public, you can still contact the owner via www.mundia.com [this is ancestrys sister site and has ALL public trees on it and you can initiate contact via it]
            Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thanks for that tip Julie ... will have a look

Comment

it would seem that Alisons tree is a private one, so, mundia wouldn't help.
                Julie

Comment

here you go... the re sworn one

Julie

Comment

if my memory serves me correct I think that 'tatty bear' on here has Shawcross' in her tree.. though I can't see that she has a gedcom uploaded, cos nothing is coming from the search. I have her in FB so if you would like I can ask her..
                    Julie

Comment

Thanks Julie - I'm not connected to Messrs Shawcross and Williams ... they were 2 of the people granted probate to in connection with someone else I was researching (hope this makes sense!)

My aim was to establish their 'working' relationship to the deceased e.g. Williams was probably his accountant.
                      Last edited by LeicestershireLass; 20-12-12, 08:50.

Comment

i'll put a note on FB for her.. :smilee:
                        Julie

Comment

ahh well, Elaine has replied, and FGS [lol!!] poor soul!... does ring bells with her, she said she will try and get onsite in next few days.. she might be able to glean a little more info onto your query.. :smilee:
                          Julie

Comment

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

no probs :smilee:
                              Julie

Comment

Working...
                              X