My frist Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My frist Thread

Hi to all this is my frist thread can eney one in Blyth Northumberland help please all i know about my family is that my grandad and
    granma lived in the old lifeboat cottageis on Blyth harber when my grandad past away my grandma moved to the prefabs in cowpen.
    Ther surname was Dinnes and some of ther children names wher alma devid iren stan i think ther was a mary aswell i know my anty alma who's surname was Udgren and my uncle nick and are at rest in cowpen rd cemetery i also think both my grandperants are ther too if eney one can help i would be very happy.
    The big problem i have is i do not know my grandperants first names i know my grandma past a way in the late60's my grandad past a
    way in the erley 50's about the time i was born 1953.

Hello Mick,

welcome to the forum.. if you have your parents marriage certificate, it should give the name of your Grandad and what his occupation was.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi Mick, welcome to the forum. Hopefully we will be able to help you find your roots.

Can I just ask you to check the spelling of the names and tell us which you think is correct (as it makes a lot of difference when we are searching!)

In your post above you have used the names of Dinnes and Udgren but I see from your profile that you have given the names as Dennis and Udgrin.
      Do you know which are the correct spellings?
      Elaine

Comment

If you start with yourself and what (parent)names are on your birth certificate and if they are both no longer alive then post their names here so we can try to work back from them to their parents.
        Do you have an idea of when your parents married so we can look for a marriage, is it your Mums parents or Fathers parents who you are talking about here.

Welcome to the forum

Edna

Comment

So Mothers maiden name was Dennis from the birth of this poster.

Irene and David born 1925 and 1921 mmn Steer, Teignmouth(hope thats ok to post Elaine)

Edna
          Last edited by clematised; 18-12-12, 19:44.

Comment

http://www.davidheyscollectionextra.com/page15.htm Mick click on this link to read and see many pictures of Blyth and Cowpen

Edna

Comment

Hello Mick,

Were aunty Alma and uncle Nick man and wife, or was aunty Alma married to someone else, and uncle Nick married to another of your aunts?

I have found this possible marriage using the surnames you've given.

Thomas Uddgren and Frances A Dennis, Apr - Jun qrt 1940, Northumberland Central, 10b/1084.

I wonder if Frances' full name was Frances Alma Dennis, known as Alma?

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                Hello Mick,

welcome to the forum.. if you have your parents marriage certificate, it should give the name of your Grandad and what his occupation was.
                Hi Darksecretz no i don't have as i do not have eney thing to do with my famliy as ther was a big bust up with them sadley.

Comment

Hi Elaine ..sorry i was shaterd when i put the post up last night and do not spell to good the right spelling is Dennis; as for the Udgren i can not tell you
                  how to spell ther surname i do have family in Blyth on both side's but have on address for eney of them.
                  meny thank's
                  Mick

Comment

Hi Mick and welcome to FTF
                    Well it should be ok to post this one as I have the death - and her middle name was apparently Alma.
                    Frances A Dennis born Dec quarter 1918 mmn Steer - Tynemouth ref 10b 556.
                    Death of Frances Alma Uddgren born 2nd Nov 1918 - Died aged 88 in December 1988 Northumberland Central Volume 1 Page 1899
                    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 20-12-12, 21:35.
                    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

They appear to have had 4 children. Two girls and a boy and then much later (when Frances would have been about 45) another girl. I can't post of course because they could easily be alive.
                      I would look into them further and Private Message them to you Mick but I have to go and cook the dinner now.
                      I will try to pop in later (or tomorrow) to see how things are progressing and to see if I can help. Knowing the FTF people though I bet they will have sorted it all out by then :D
                      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Baker View Post
                        Hi Elaine ..sorry i was shaterd when i put the post up last night and do not spell to good the right spelling is Dennis; as for the Udgren i can not tell you
                        how to spell ther surname i do have family in Blyth on both side's but have on address for eney of them.
                        meny thank's
                        Mick
                        No problem Mick. We seem to be on the right lines now with what has been found by Susan and Chrissie. Let's hope we can find something else for you now.
                        Elaine

Comment

Hi clemmatised the date's are a good as my mum servied on the antyaircraft gun's in Bristol in ww2 so ther is a good possabillity that could be right
                          meny thank's (mick)
                          p/s that was well good to post.

Comment

I know that my grandad spent time on the Blyth lifebout i did try them but thay came back with nothing.
                            thank you so much that is a good start for me the spelling Uddgren could be a biger help than you think.

mick.

Comment

Iv looked at the pictures of Blyth and i know some of parts of Blyth: when i was a kid i would play near the docks and get told off by the dock superintendent when i went under the big timber derick's wher the coal wagon's came in from Cowpen pit.

Comment

Mick,

are your parents still alive? or have they passed over? [please do not post the names of them if they are still alive]. If they have passed over then maybe we should start there, and find their marriage which will enable you to buy their cert and then we can confirm names and then hopefully find your grandad in the census.
                                Julie
                                They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

i have a cousan Tom from my anty alma and uncle Nick so this allso could be on the right lines.

Comment

Hi Chrissie Smiff thank you for that but that is not her as she died late december in Ashington hospital and i think the year was 1991/92 the problem is
                                    i went to south africa in 94 and endedup in hospital and lost 14days of my life as i was in a coma and may have lost some time line of my life this is the reson i can't rember alot of first names of older family members: may i say a big thank you to every one helping to find my roots.
                                    HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AT FTF FROM MICKEYB

Comment

ah now this is wright ok try and chat soon as we are geting somwher now..thanks agane.

mickeyb.

Comment

Originally posted by Mick Baker View Post
                                        i have a cousan Tom from my anty alma and uncle Nick so this allso could be on the right lines.
                                        Mick, did you also have cousins' Lilian/Lily and Mary?
                                        Last edited by Guest; 19-12-12, 20:35.

Comment

Working...
                                        X