ware hertfordshire 1755 marriage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ware hertfordshire 1755 marriage

Looking for the details of the marriage of Susanna (Susan?) Mason to Thomas Green, 29 May 1755 in Ware - especially need the bride's parish, father (I know, not in that time period, but I can hope), and witnesses.

Also any info regarding their children: Thomas, Leeds, Mary & Martha.

There's a site that links Susanna to someone in my tree. I have reason to doubt the connection the owner has made, but it's quite possible she has the right family, just the wrong relationship.

Thank you.
    Sarah

(Oh, and, sorry, but I've gotta run!)
    Last edited by PhotoFamily; 16-12-12, 16:56.

Here you are:

Thomas Green Sus Mason Ware St Mary 29 May 1755 Add to list

The page link didn't seem to work.

It doesn't give any more details. For those you'd have to click on the "Add to list" link and they would send you a photocopy, I think.

I shall be going again to Herts. Archives but not until well into 2013, if you are prepared to wait.

https://www.hertsdirect.org/ufs/ufsmain?formid=HALS_INDEXES

Last edited by Elizabeth Herts; 16-12-12, 17:57.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

I should add you won't necessarily get any more details. You'd be very lucky in 1755 to get the parents' names. If it's a marriage licence you might get more details.
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Thanks, Elizabeth.

The other tree places her as daughter of Leeds Mason. I think she may be his sister. He was definitely a non-conformist.

If they had married by license, wouldn't it have shown up on the hertsdirect site?

Comment

It's an index of both marriages and marriage licences.

Go to the Hertfordshire Names Online link. I don't seem to be able to post it.
          Last edited by Elizabeth Herts; 16-12-12, 18:14.
          Elizabeth
          Research Interests:

Comment

Have you seen this:

Elizabeth
            Research Interests:

Comment

Yes, I saw that website, that's what triggered the question.

But Leeds' daughter Susannah married a Naylor (sorry, full name not coming to me right now), and she is cited in Leeds' will (it's listed on the page for Leeds on the site. I'm pretty sure that's my transcription!). I haven't checked, but Leeds himself was born I think about 1730, so I doubt a daughter of his could marry in 1755 (?!). I have looked for a sister of his, however, and was one of those doubt-I'll-ever-find-it items. But if the Greens named a child Leeds, it is very promising.

Comment

Working...
              X