Electoral Register 1911 - 1920

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electoral Register 1911 - 1920

Would anyone be kind enough and doesn't mind let me know of the address on the London electoral registers for an Alice Creswick in 1911, 1914, 1915 ,1918 and 1920 please?

Thank you.
    Ewan

2 Stafford Mansions,Albert Bridge Road,SW11,Battersea
    Hope this helps.
    Paul

Comment

Thank you Paul, that is helpful. The only mystery now is the Alice Creswick which is also on the same electoral registers but in 1935, 1936, 1938 and 1939 is she the same one as in 1911 etc, I wonder.
      Ewan

Comment

Have you seen her on the 1911 census, at that address? (Findmypast have her transcribed with Alice Creswick as forenames and HEAD as surname although she is clearly recorded on the original as Alice Creswick, with head in the relationship column!) She was aged 44, married for 21 years with no children from the marriage and living on own means with just a servant with her in the household so by 1939 she would have been aged about 72 - quite likely still to be alive and at the same address.
        RG14PN2145 RG78PN74 RD26 SD1 ED2 SN44

Update - Ancestry have transcribed her surname as Arswick.
        Last edited by JudithM; 16-12-12, 15:07.
        Judith passed away in October 2018

Comment

Thank you for posting the information for me, I hadn't seen it.

It's no wonder individuals sometimes just cannot be found if they are translated so wrongly.

I think, but I am not absolutely certain that the Alice in the earlier years ie 1911 - 1920 and the Alice in 1935 - 1939 may be 2 different ladies, just by looking at the different address areas. Still working on that one though.

Thanks again.
          Ewan

Comment

At least Ancestry now permits name searches to begin with a wildcard so that mistranscriptions with the wrong first letter have a chance of being found.
            Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Working...
            X